Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary

Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary 9 months 2 weeks ago #7682

marceyy

Fresh Boarder

I've been using Yacreader on an iPad and my m1 mac for a while and decided to make use of more features. YacreaderLibrary on the mac seems like a useful way to import comics to the ipad and keep the reading progress updated between the two but I am having trouble getting the two to connect with each other. I have a folder of comics stored on an external ssd which stays plugged in to my computer. That folder is the root folder of the library.

I've followed steps in the user manual (and read some other posts here) and it seems like this should be simple but I'm not sure what could be getting in the way. I have a library of comics on YacreaderLibrary on my mac. My mac and iPad are connected to the same wifi. I click the server symbol on YacreaderLibrary on the mac, which brings up the Server Connectivity Information window. The IP address is correct, the port is set to 8080 and "enable the server" is ticked.

On (ipad) yacreader, I go to "import" and then tap YACReaderLibrary. "Update local progress on sync" is on, the default server is the correct IP address. I tap on "browse" and then "scan". After I scan the QR code I am shown an Error message that states: Error "The internet connection appears to be offline." With an option to Close the message or Reconnect (which results in the same message popping up again).

I have turned the macs firewall off and added both Yacreader and YacReaderLibrary to the list of programs that should ignore the firewall. I've tried this on my secure local network and an open network that I have access to and the results are always the same. Am I missing a separate important step?

I would really appreciate being able to use the library app as intended.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary 9 months 2 weeks ago #7683

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi,

no, you are not missing any step. This is pretty straight forward, I have seen people having problems because their network, for example because an access point that was preventing devices from seeing each other, could it be your router? Did you try with another port? Set a new port number in the server dialog, something high that is unlike to be used by other app.

"The internet connection appears to be offline" error sounds weird though...I would expect some kind of timeout...

In your mac if you type your ip:port in a web browser (like 192.168.1.100:8080) does the server work?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary 8 months 3 days ago #7822

NerRaD

Fresh Boarder

I’m getting constant could not connect to server message when trying to connect to YACReader Library from my YACReader on iPad. I can open the server by typing address and port on my browser.
I’ve tried changing port numerous times.
Assistance is much appreciated.

Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary 8 months 2 days ago #7830

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Try removing the connection data from Import -> YACReaderLibrary (there is an X next to the connection data), if you have servers or libraries pinned to the bottom bar, do a long tap on them and remove them. Then, enter the connection data again.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary 6 months 2 weeks ago #7952

marco

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

same problem i accessed my bd lib with browser , i remove the default server from yacreader on my ipad and i have the same error

Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary 6 months 2 weeks ago #7953

Luis Ángel

Administrator

A few days ago a user was having troubles because the app didn’t have the right permission enabled. In iOS settings, look for YACReader and make sure the app has access to your local network.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marco

Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary 6 months 2 weeks ago #7954

marco

Fresh Boarder

exactly i solved it the same way

Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary 6 months 2 weeks ago #7955

Luis Ángel

Administrator

marco wrote:
exactly i solved it the same way

Do you remember if iOS asked you about the permission? I am trying to figure out if this is something users disable by mistake or if the prompt about it is never shown.

Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary 6 months 2 weeks ago #7959

marco

Fresh Boarder

I don't remember but it works before so i suppose i changed the settings by myself to reduce autorizations for most of the applications. I have another ipad and i installed yacreader. The first time when i try to connect to my server the application asks if i accept the connection to local network. After that connection succeed so...

i believe mistake was between my chair and my keyboard :)

Maybe completing the error message with a recommandation to check network app authorization could help.

Thank you, best regards

Connecting Yacreader with YacreaderLibrary 6 months 2 weeks ago #7962

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Yeah, I suck at displaying good error messages…
  • Page: