Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Issues with cloud importing in iOS

  • Halftongorilla
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #3017 by Halftongorilla
Issues with cloud importing in iOS was created by Halftongorilla
Recently started experiencing errors downloading comic books from both Dropbox and Google Drive. Files will download partially and then error out. Any idea how to reset the cache or address?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #3018 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Issues with cloud importing in iOS
Are the errors happening randomly? Did you try to import those files using other method?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Halftongorilla
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #3021 by Halftongorilla
Replied by Halftongorilla on topic Issues with cloud importing in iOS
The errors appear to happen randomly, some files import, others no.
I haven't tried to import via a USB connection as of yet. I will try that and advise; I'm remote for a few days and will look into this and report to see if the files are corrupt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #3022 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Issues with cloud importing in iOS
If you can, send me some of those files that don't import. It looks like they download fine but the import process fails for some reason. What formats are you using? zip,rar,cbr,cbz,pdf...

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3243 by grippie
Replied by grippie on topic Issues with cloud importing in iOS
I've been using Yacreader for a year now on my iPad air 2 and have never had an issue syncing from google drive. recently, I keep having issues importing. It just goes to about 45% and then says could not import, please check network or files. Is there a log file somewhere that I can view, or dive into why this is happening? I tried to do this from my PC yacreader library server, with the same issues.

Is there something in a specific .cbz file that may cause this? some comics import fine, but the majority of them fail all the time now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3250 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Issues with cloud importing in iOS

grippie wrote: I've been using Yacreader for a year now on my iPad air 2 and have never had an issue syncing from google drive. recently, I keep having issues importing. It just goes to about 45% and then says could not import, please check network or files. Is there a log file somewhere that I can view, or dive into why this is happening? I tried to do this from my PC yacreader library server, with the same issues.

Is there something in a specific .cbz file that may cause this? some comics import fine, but the majority of them fail all the time now.


He first 50% is for downloading the file and then it needs to be processed (when importing from cloud services), so it lloks like the files are being downloaded. Could you send me some of those files?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3262 by grippie
Replied by grippie on topic Issues with cloud importing in iOS
I sent you an email with a sample issue that won't import, though I can only seem to get 1 out of 10 to import now. I even reinstalled the yacreader app on my ipad and now nothing will download.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3413 by arddor
Replied by arddor on topic Issues with cloud importing in iOS
I only use Google Drive, but I found the same problem, that it does download it, but fails in processing. By chance I realised that it does fail with .cbz files, but works ok with .zip files. If i rename a .cbz file to .zip it does import it without a problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!