Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker

No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker 2 weeks 1 day ago #8895

Gecko

Fresh Boarder

Hello,

Everything is in the title.

I just discovered YacReader. Bought it on iOS (fyi, I can’t install it on my wife’s ipad regardless having activated the family sharing capability, the App Store says that I must purchase it again?!) installed the server on both macOS x and docker. Everything is running fine except the fact that reading a comic from the library (so not importing it), the read status never changes and the continue reading list stays empty.

When reading from yacreader on my mac, the read status is updated thought, so there might be either an issue with the docker server or the iOS stable / beta connectivity ? (I installed both, actually I’m on the beta).

What can I do to help solving this issue? How can I activate logs and send them ?

Thanks,
KR,
Gecko
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker 2 weeks 1 day ago #8896

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 582

Hi,

You don't need to use Docker if you already have YACReaderLibrary installed in your mac (YACReaderLibrary has an instance of the server), in fact having two servers running at the same time with the same library can cause some troubles. You can always set up YACReaderLibrary to minimize to the system bar on close, so it will fill pretty much as having a service.

So make sure only YACReaderLibrary is running, connect to it using the iOS app, and open a comic remotely to be sure that the connection is working and the app is no using some cached content, then close the comic and check if progress has synchronize.

Then, for the imported content, the app tries to sync progress when it's launched and we it comes to foreground, but you can always force a synchronization in Import -> YACReaderLibrary -> Sync progress

Let me know what happens.

As for the family sharing thing, it should work I think...I'll take a look.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker 2 weeks 1 day ago #8897

Gecko

Fresh Boarder

Thank you for the explanation Luis!

But my Mac is not turned on when I want to read comics nor accessible through wan.
That’s why I also installed library on my server using docker. It’s then always accessible through reverse proxy.

Creating the library from scratch from the docker version failed numerous times so I created it from the MacOS version instead and then added it to the docker. Only the docker version is running as we speak and when I read a comic from the remote folder library, yacreader does not remember the last page I read, even so when I quit the comic, I do see a message saying « synchronizing ».

I’ll try again from scratch using docker and will keep you posted.

No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker 2 weeks 1 day ago #8898

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Ok, so the problem seems to be that the docker container can't write to disk, that's why it fails creating the library and later it also fails updating the database when it gets the sync back info from the client, so the client is actually communicating with the server and that part is working as expected, then the server just fails to write the progress to the db.

I don't know if the problem is in the image itself (it works fine on Windows) or if you can setup the container to be able to write in the destination.

Is your library in a network shared folder? If so you may need to mount it using the -nolock option.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker 2 weeks 1 day ago #8899

Gecko

Fresh Boarder

I moved the .yacreaderlibrary folder created by the MacOS version away
I deleted the db from the docker using the remove-library command
I used the create-library command to create it again.

iOS app is connecting to it but when navigating through the "BD" library I put in place, the list stays empty.

On Docker side, when navigating to the remote file service, I do see the .yacreaderlibrary being there. The only thing I noticed is that when running the create-library command, at some point, the console closes itself (through portainer). Maybe should I try it running this create-library command in the background to be sure it completes itself ?

----

root@22886fada5df:/storage/ark/book/BD/.yacreaderlibrary# ls -lsa
total 4
0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nogroup 0 Oct 8 09:50 .
0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nogroup 0 Oct 8 10:18 ..
0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nogroup 0 Oct 8 09:50 covers
4 -rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody nogroup 36 Oct 8 09:59 id
0 -rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody nogroup 0 Oct 8 09:46 library.ydb

No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker 2 weeks 1 day ago #8900

Gecko

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
Is your library in a network shared folder? If so you may need to mount it using the -nolock option.

The library is indeed hosted on another machine but the container is not aware of this. Docker tries to write to a local folder which is ultimately handled by autofs and nfs from the host. Works like a charm for a lot of other container including kavita, komga, etc…

No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker 2 weeks 1 day ago #8901

Luis Ángel

Administrator

YACReader uses a sqlite database that needs to be able to create lock files, so please, try to mount the volume with the -nolock option. It is not the Docker container who needs to know about this, is the host.

Or you can try to create a small test library stored locally to see if it works, this way we can discard write permissions as the problem.

No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker 2 weeks 1 day ago #8904

Gecko

Fresh Boarder

Thank you Luis!
The write issue was indeed the culprit.
With the nolock option added to the nfs mount, all seems to behave normally.

Some questions remains open to me:

I have this error multiple times in the log when first creating the library, do you know what it is about ?
« Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xdb »

Do you know why I can’t install the app on my wife’s ipad ? Her apple account is on the same family as mine.

I also noticed that there is no authentication, is it planned in a near future so that each person in the family get his own reading status (when reading from the library, no importing on the device?)

Last thing: I wonder what is the purpose of the html library when navigating to the url of the library using a web browser ? There are read and import buttons but they only display text information in a new page. Is it for a future web reader ?

Sorry for the last questions, and many thanks for your help :) ! I greatly appreciate the iOS app, the panel feature is working really great when reading on iPhone !

No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker 2 weeks 1 day ago #8905

Luis Ángel

Administrator

When you see this, try to extract the contents of the comic file « Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xdb » and check the images? it could that you actually have some corruption going on.

I'll take a look to the app settings in case there is some configuration missing that is preventing you from using family share.

Authentication is something I've been wanting to add for a long time, but I didn't have time. Users normally add their own layer of authentication, for example using a ssh tunnel...having separated reading progress is a complete different thing and it requires a massive refactoring of YACReaderLibrary.

The html library is there in case someone is using a super old version of the iOS app, that's what was used back in the day to browse remote libraries and import/reading, I don't have plans for a web reader because that's what the ios and android apps are for.

No sync between iOS and YacRLibrary Docker 2 weeks 15 hours ago #8907

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Regarding Family Share I think it's only available for in-app purchases and subscriptions (?) I am not 100% sure about this, but I can't find any options or documentation about enabling Family Share for purchased apps.

forums.developer.apple.com/forums/thread/725106
Last Edit: 2 weeks 15 hours ago by Luis Ángel.
  • Page: