Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: iOS App Feature Request

iOS App Feature Request 10 years 6 months ago #253

gian2k

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I would first like to say that your app is by far the best comic reader I've used on iOS (way better than comiczeal and even comixology). I just have a few features I would like to request.

1. Add a setting to turn on fit to width by default.
2. Add a setting to go back to the first page the next time you open an already read comic.
3. Add a setting to change the transparency of the cogwheel button on the upper left of the reader. I would love to have the option to just hide it entirely since I already know where to tap.
4. Independent view mode for each folder. I like to use the list view when viewing folders and grid view when viewing the comics under that folder. It would be nice to not have to switch the view mode manually every time I drill down through my folders.

Thank you, you rock!
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by gian2k.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

iOS App Feature Request 10 years 6 months ago #255

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi gian2k, welcome to the forum.

thank you very much for your suggestions.

1 and 2 : In future versions I will add some new features and configuration settings to the viewer screen, I will keep in mind your suggestions.

3: It makes sense :)

4: This needs more work, I will think about it.

thanks!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

iOS App Feature Request 10 years 5 months ago #290

kekoponte

I'm totally into 4, I'd love to see a list for folders and a grid for comics.

Maybe this is something that happens because the way a grid is displayed for folders doesn't give you any clue about what's inside. Comic Zeal used to show a box with the first cover

Nowadays, the grid view works fine when you have both comics and folders in the screen, but I think that this case is not the most common one (maybe is just that I'm a freak coming to order) :S

iOS App Feature Request 10 years 5 months ago #291

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Yes, if you are drilling down in your library, most of the time the grid view is going to show a hole screen of "boring" folder icons.

I will redesign how the folders are displayed, but first I need to improve the library performance a bit

P.D: welcome to the forum keko, and thank you for sharing your expertise in UX :)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

iOS App Feature Request 9 years 9 months ago #575

lmikey

Fresh Boarder

First, thanks for a great comic reader.

After the new July update, folders and single issues in grid view look exactly alike (except for the left hand number). This is very confusing and makes it very hard to locate folders when they are mixed with single issues.

There needs to be a clear way to identify folders and distinguish them from single issues. The example from comic zeal earlier in this thread (where the bottom half of the cover is a folder icon) is a good idea! At the very least, there should be an option to have folders retain a generic folder icon like before.

Thanks!