Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: A couple suggestions

A couple suggestions 9 years 7 months ago #755

xnowimcoolx

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

You have one of the best iOS comic readers AND the best comic library system!

A couple suggestions:

Streaming/iOS:
1. You should take a page from comicglass - it seems like their comic streaming buffers a couple pages so that there is no loading when the next page is flipped - slow to initially open, but super fast when changing pages.

2. I would love an import library that looks similar to the regular library (I switched from comic glass to YACR once you introduced streaming). I download very few comics to my ipad. Strong tablet/library(server) integration is going to be hugely important in digital comics.

3. It would be great if the streaming connected (or at least tried to) when the app is opened.

Library:
1. Support other metadata types like comicrack or comicbooklover. I'd love to see the comicbook reader developers create a metadata standard for comics (not holding my breath).

2. A simple grid view. The "cover flow" look is great initially (which is why apple used it) but its also kind of impractical (See calibre or comicbooklover)

3. Offer the Library as a separate download. With tablets reading comics on the computer is going to be less and less common. I've never used the OS X YACReader, only the library and iOS app.
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by xnowimcoolx.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A couple suggestions 9 years 7 months ago #757

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

1. YACReader buffers the next and previous pages, in a normal reading you shouldn't experience any lag on page turns. What device are you using? I have removed a couple of optimizations from my code in the streaming feature, maybe your I have to include them for future versions.

2. This is already scheduled.

3. A better integration with YACReaderLibrary is coming in future versions.

Library 1: .xml metadata included in comics will be read on importing in YACReader 8.0

Library 2: check this: www.yacreader.com/forum/questions-to-the...-coming-to-yacreader

Library 3: even if you don't read comics in your computer I think that YACReader is useful for taking a glance to your new comics before reading them in your iOS device.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.