Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Reader - Add Dummy Page

Reader - Add Dummy Page 2 months 3 weeks ago #8178

Korok

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hello

I really would love to have the possibility to add an empty white dummy page as page 2 in double page view mode.
This option should be selectable on the mainscreen and also resort the page order even from the middle if the book (move page order by 1).

The Problem is that many digital Manga do not have the back side of the book cover as a white page.
Because of this the complete order of the Manga pages is messed up.
For many Manga and most of its pages, these is on one side (left or right) a big white border and on the other side there is only a small border or none at all.
The big border is the center part of the paper version in the book.
If the order is messed up, then you have big borders left and right on the screen und in the center were both pages touch there is in the worst case no space between the artwork. And this looks super strange.
This would fix itself as soon as the first combined double page appears (if there is one at all) as after that, the order is correct again.
(The page before the double page will be displayed as a single page and shows that the order was wrong till this point)

Currently I have 2 ways to prevent this:
#1 Go to Options -> Picture options -> Check/Uncheck "Display Cover as one page"
or
#2 Check the Manga before reading and add a dummy page to the .cbz by hand

Both versions are a real pain to do.
#1 This option is hidden in a submenu and if you have bad luck you need to change this setting again and again between the different Manga volumes you read.
Also this option only works at the start when you start reading from Page 1.
If the company who created the digital comic for exampe removed a filler page that was done by the author of the paper book between chapters (sometimes the author does a small cartoon only in one corner of an empty page), or just a blank page that was there, if this page was removed, then the order is messed up again for example from page 80 up.
Changing this setting "Display Cover as one page" will not rearange the current page count and with this not the page order.
(So this option does nothing if you already started reading and are somewere inside the book)
So you will need to go back to page 1 to set the order and then go fast through the Manga page by page back to page 80 were you left of.
I did this 2 times and then settled with #2 as I dont want to do this again.

#2 This is the version I do right now. I add a blank page if it does not exist by hand and then I check the Manga if the order is correct from start to finish by scrolling though it. I need to do this for every Manga Volume.
Only after that will I start reading it.

So my request is an option that is easy to select and unselect (button in toolbar) to add a dummy page2.
This should also work for example if I am at page 80 so that the page order is moved up 1 page to have the big white borders in center again.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reader - Add Dummy Page 2 months 3 weeks ago #8179

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

You can always move by one the double page mode, check the shortcuts list. Or you can use the “go to” flow to set the page on the left.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Reader - Add Dummy Page 2 months 2 weeks ago #8190

Korok

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hello

OK great, I tried it and this works for me.
I did not know the "go to flow" also changes the page order.

Thanks