- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Rename Files
- kerkness
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
My files are a mess and not everything uses the same naming conventions. Some series are in folders with the series names and some are in folders by release date and some are not even in folders.
Can YACReaderLibrary physically rename and move my files into folders based on Tag/Details that I have either entered myself or downloaded from Vine?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Renaming folders and moving everything based on tags is more complicated, I am not sure about it right now. Maybe the best way should be to have a virtual way for browsing your collection based on tags.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kerkness
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
From an architecture and feature standpoint the ability to browse a collection based on tags seems like a smarter and better approach all around. I used to use ComicBookLover and I liked it because I could just dump files all into one root folder, scan the folder and then decide how I want to organize things. But it doesn't have any integration with Vine which is extremely useful as manually managing details is time consuming.
Like I said I'm new to YACR so I don't know what you all have going on from an architecture standpoint. There are a number of NoSQL options that would be ideal for building a local index of all a user's Series and Issues which can then be used to provide a navigation tree.
Just some thoughts. I hadn't really looked at the digital comic management options for several years and it looks like YACR is by far the best tool out there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
There are a number of NoSQL options that would be ideal for building a local index of all a user's Series and Issues which can then be used to provide a navigation tree.
If you feel like doing a bit of hacking or have some concrete ideas, feel free to contribute. YACReader could definitely use some more developers
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kerkness
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
The best approach is probably if you talk to Luis directly and share some of your ideas or ask for things that need fixing
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Let me know if your are interested in contribute in any way. I really love to have selmf contributing, and it would be awesome to share the development with more people.
I am a Windows user, and selmf (Felix in the repository) works with Linux, OSX is always the version with less attention. That doesn't mean that I am not putting love on it, because it even has its own look for a better fitting into the OSX ecosystem, but I don't have enough time for polishing it (Some Qt bugs don't help
YACReaderLibrary is using sqlite, I only have experience with Cassandra and MongoDB in the NoSQL side, I know that MongoDB can be used in a serverless way, but I am not sure if it could be the right choice here. I would like to hear about any lightweight-serverless alternative.
@selmf, your really look eager for more developers
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
Well Luis, I clearly remember you writing something among the lines of "Where are all the open source developers???" in a moment of frustration because YAC* got more and more complicated. And yes, I *am* eager to keep my hands clean of the database management part in YACReader
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kerkness
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Easy for me to do some solid debugging on osx and ios. Luis you sent me an invite to testflight earlier today. That's one of my work emails and is also my gmail and messenger address. You can email or message me on that address. Is the osx source code on github or anywhere else? My username for github is kerkness. I also use Slack a lot for chatting.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
It seems that Slack is becoming more and more popular, I will give it a shot. In the mean time we can use gmail.
EDIT: is this your email? r**************neart.com If not, please, use the contact section of this web, in the bottom there is a link with my personal e-mail in gmail.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.