- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Can't connect to library from iOS app
- atheris
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 years 11 months ago #6321
by atheris
Can't connect to library from iOS app was created by atheris
When trying to import comics from the YAC server, app says the internet connection is offline even though it's connected to the Wifi. I tried accessing the server from Chrome in my phone and am able to open the library so seems like it's not a connection issue?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 11 months ago #6322
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can't connect to library from iOS app
Are you sure that you are using the same IP and port?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- atheris
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #6323
by atheris
Replied by atheris on topic Can't connect to library from iOS app
You mean am I accessing the same IP and port from the app and Chrome? Yea I'm pretty sure it's the same, I scanned the QR code for the app then manually copied it over to the browser
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 11 months ago #6325
by Luis Ángel
Utterly weird, I am completely clueless right now.
What's your exact setup? Where is the server running? Were you able to connect before and this is something new or is it the first time you try to connect to the server?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can't connect to library from iOS app
What's your exact setup? Where is the server running? Were you able to connect before and this is something new or is it the first time you try to connect to the server?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- atheris
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #6326
by atheris
Replied by atheris on topic Can't connect to library from iOS app
Server's running on my desktop. First time trying to connect to the server. Okay I figured out a workaround by doing port forwarding from the public IP address to the server IP. I don't think port forwarding should be necessary right? Else it defeats the whole point of the QR code since that gives the private IP address instead of the public one? It's really weird
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 11 months ago #6329
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can't connect to library from iOS app
If you are using your data plan to connect to the server then you have to use your public IP and the QR code scan won't work.
If you are using your LAN then use the local IP:PORT provided by the QR.
If you are using your LAN then use the local IP:PORT provided by the QR.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- atheris
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #6330
by atheris
Replied by atheris on topic Can't connect to library from iOS app
Hmm I'm definitely still on the same Wifi as the server though, I even turned off my data plan just to make sure.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 11 months ago #6332
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can't connect to library from iOS app
Then I don't understand why you need port forwarding at all...there has to be something in your network setup that I don't get. But if it works with port forwarding enabled then it is good I guess?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- atheris
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #6341
by atheris
Replied by atheris on topic Can't connect to library from iOS app
Yup thanks for the help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tuor
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 9 months ago #6466
by Tuor
Replied by Tuor on topic Can't connect to library from iOS app
Hello everyone,
Exactly the same issue here with iPadOS to connect to the yac library on my windows computer. It says the connection is offline. But it works with my iPhone ! So the problem surely comes from the app for iPad. It worked the last time I used it (I think one year ago), so it might be version dependent as another guy suggested in another post.
All my apps are updated, and I did the same things on iPhone and iPad. My wifi configurations are the same on both devices.
And I don’t know how to port forwarding…
Exactly the same issue here with iPadOS to connect to the yac library on my windows computer. It says the connection is offline. But it works with my iPhone ! So the problem surely comes from the app for iPad. It worked the last time I used it (I think one year ago), so it might be version dependent as another guy suggested in another post.
All my apps are updated, and I did the same things on iPhone and iPad. My wifi configurations are the same on both devices.
And I don’t know how to port forwarding…
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel