- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
YAC Reader Server - Synology .. almost works ?
- NullMind
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
I ran the command to add comics (put 3 files to test)
root@YAC_Reader_Server:/comics# YACReaderLibraryServer create-library MyComics /c
omics
Processing comics...Done!
Number of comics processed = 3
I then go to myip:8080
And works, I see the server
Libraries
-
MyComics
But when I click on MyComics .. nothing happens, I assumed it should show me those 3 comics but doesn't do anything
MyComics is linking to
http://192.168.2.40:8080/library/1/folder/1
What can I be doing wrong ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
e.g.
And also any log messages
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NullMind
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
and configuration, not sure if this is the right one, I am using Synology container management
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
"host_volume_file" : "/Comics",
You can also try the bridge network mode, I would say it’s always best to use that mode. Then you need to use the ip of the NAS and the mapped port, in my example the port would be 9999
ports:
- 9999:8080
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NullMind
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Luis Ángel wrote: is this the full path in the host?
"host_volume_file" : "/Comics",
You can also try the bridge network mode, I would say it’s always best to use that mode. Then you need to use the ip of the NAS and the mapped port, in my example the port would be 9999
ports:
- 9999:8080
I select the path using Synology's container manager, the path is indeed /Comics
I tried the bridge network, with port 9999
It works, but again, I select the MyComics folders and wont show me the content comics I put there, maybe there is a problem with the path somewhere ?
it is trying to access http://192.168.2.40:9999/library/1/folder/1
but it refreshes back to http://192.168.2.40:9999 when I click it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NullMind
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NullMind
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NullMind
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
if I use the docker image:
richardbristow-**yacreader
and I do the same command as I do in the official docker image
YACReaderLibraryServer create-library MyComics /comics/
I am able to click on the "MyComics" link and see the comics
But 2 issues
I would prefer to use the official and up to date image, and when I click on a comic on a browser, I cant read it, I just get text such as
If I open it on the iPhone app I can read it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
I can use the official docker image without issues, I wonder if the problem is the PUID and PGID values (or if they are missing in your case).
I suspect this is a permisions problem.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.