Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3?

  • middle_pickup
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #2259 by middle_pickup
Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? was created by middle_pickup
Hello! I have a Raspi 3 that I would like to create a YAC server with. How do I do this? I am a total linux noob, and I have never done anything like this before. Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2260 by selmf
Hi Drummond,

no noob-friendly process yet. Linux deployment is mostly taken care of by me, but I'm currently suffering from a serious lack of time amd the standalone server still needs a few tweeks before I can roll it out as a Linux package (I need to make sure there are no conflicts with YACReaderLibrary since it does share quite a few files with it which turns into a problem in the packaging process).
As soon I get around doing it and provided there are no major blockers there will be a PKGBUILD for Archlinux and probably a Debian source package you can use.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • middle_pickup
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #2262 by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3?
Interesting. So just to clarify, will the YAC server allow you to stream any of your library's comics to your ios device over a network-wifi or LTE?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2263 by selmf
It is intended to stream you comics in a local network, just like the internal server (same codebase) in YACReaderLibrary. Many users do use it to stream via internet, but I discourage that as it's a possible security risk. If you want it via LTE you should use a VPN tunnel to your home network as a precaution :)

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • middle_pickup
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #2264 by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3?
Thanks for the heads up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2265 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3?
Writing a step by step tutorial for doing this is in my TODO list.

I have a library in a hard disk attached to my raspberry pi, and the library's folder is shared over the network (SAMBA) so I can browse it using YACReaderLibrary in my computer. So I would like that the tutorial will cover not only the compilation process but also some best practices and whatnot.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2374 by josephm
Replied by josephm on topic Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3?
hi all and thanks for this wonderful project.

Following the interesting information found in this forum, i could compile headless yacreaderlibrary for Raspberry 3 but unfortunately there is a problem with libunarr.
As i cannot apt-get install libunarr-dev - it does not exist in Raspbian repository - it looks like qmake does not compile it as it should, therefore i get the following errors when trying to create a new library:

Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xdb
- zip.c:104: Skipping directory entry "__MACOSX/"
- rar.c:65: Skipping directory entry "Comics X"
- zip.c:104: Skipping directory entry "Comics Y" and so on for each comics

What is the best way to compile libunarr correctly?

I already tried by adding the repository of selmf as described in software.opensuse.org/download.html?proj...mf&package=yacreader but didn't worked.

and then I tryed by downloading github.com/selmf/unarr/archive/master.zip and placed it in the yacreader/compressed_archive/unarr/ directory after unzipping as adviced by Luis Angel in his README in bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/src/...ressed_archive/unarr directory.

but none worked
thanks in advance and best regards, J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2377 by selmf
Hi josephm,

the directory skipping messages are harmless debug info. Disabling them would need adding a compiler switch for unarr, which potentially could influence other parts of the software.

Alas, the service I use for building the Debian and Ubuntu packages doesn't support the ARM architecture, so I can't provide you with an easy installable package. However, you could build the package yourself. The debian source package files I use are available here:

build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:selmf/libunarr

For the jpg error I would need to take a look at the comic provoking it.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2381 by josephm
Replied by josephm on topic Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3?
hi selmf,

thanks for the information. I compiled this source.

But all the comics do the same error .cbr and .cbz

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #2385 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3?
I have compiled YACReaderLibraryServer using lib7zip as the backend library for dealing with compressed files.

You are going to need the source code of p7zip version 9.20, extracted in a folder named "libp7zip" into "compressed_archive" folder.

Code:
qmake YACReaderLibraryServer.pro CONFIG+=7zip make

BTW, I am using the 32bit version of Raspbian. This could be a x64 related issue.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!