Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

Comic Vine Scraper "back, next, closed" buttons

  • Logan_x50
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
6 years 3 days ago #5441 by Logan_x50
I'm a new YAC user. So far exactly what I was looking for. I'm using a Mac to manage my library and an iPad to read. Love, love, love the scraper option. All very "kodi'" like

Yesterday I scraped a number of my comics successfully. However, this morning the back, next and close buttons are "disabled" in the scraper window. So I can search for the comic and the search window populates results and I can navigate around but I can't click on "next" (or back or close). I can close the search window from teh red dot upper left.

Any clue what's going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 days ago #5442 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine Scraper "back, next, closed" buttons
I think there is a bug in the macos version, try to click in the text of the buttons.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Logan_x50
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
6 years 3 days ago #5443 by Logan_x50
Replied by Logan_x50 on topic Comic Vine Scraper "back, next, closed" buttons
thank you for teh reply. No, that doesn't work. I've clicked just about every pixel in and around the button and text

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 days ago #5446 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine Scraper "back, next, closed" buttons
I need to investigate what’s going on...

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #5469 by Pfantom
I sm experiencing the same issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #5530 by pansan
One more for this problem. I'm running YACReader v.9.7.1.2009123 on macOS 10.15.7. The buttons were working yesterday. I didn't make any OS updates, but I did update a few application via the App Store: iMove, Keynote, Pages, Numbers, Swift Playgrounds and BetterSnapTool.

Has YACLibrary been tested on macOS 11 (Big Sur)? I ask because the updates for the Apple apps were specifically to give them Big Sur new look and functionality. Could be that they changed the button control that is being used for the Vine Scraper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #5534 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine Scraper "back, next, closed" buttons
It seems to be a problem affecting previous versions too, I was able to replicate it, but I only see intermittently, some times everything just works fine...

I didn’t have time to dig into this yet.

I wonder if there are any Qt bugs related to this.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #5542 by Nopi
I'm having the same problem.

What seems to work for me is going to the Options>General>Edit Comic Vine API key and hitting 'Accept'.
The buttons start working again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #5631 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic Vine Scraper "back, next, closed" buttons
could you give a try to the latest build to see if it helps? bintray.com/beta/#/luisangelsm/YACReader...ds/2012111?tab=files

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #5632 by pansan
I tried the new bits and they worked!!! Thanks.

I kept the old install and verified that the buttons where still broke, while the new bits worked as expected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!