- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Did you find a bug? Splash it!
Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine
- tkhobbes
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 years 6 months ago #3055
by tkhobbes
Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine was created by tkhobbes
Using the latest YACReaderLibrary on MacOS, I wasn't using for a few weeks, but now since 2-3 days working on finalizing my library.... however whenever I try to get tags from comicvine, I get an "unknown error" - I do have an API key entered, I really don't know what the problem is (I even installed the ReaderLibrary program again over the old one, didn't help..) any hints?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #3056
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine
I have received an user e-mail today about the same issue, I have to check what is going on
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tkhobbes
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 years 6 months ago #3058
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine
This is the issue:
comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/api-develo...sl-video--1861940/#1
I have a working version in Windows, I will try to release a new version of YACReader soon.
I have a working version in Windows, I will try to release a new version of YACReader soon.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #3059
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine
There is fix for this without the need of a new release.
Step 1: add COMIC_VINE_BASE_URL entry to your YACReaderLibrary.ini config file
YACReaderLibrary.ini can be found in these locations
macos
windows
linux
Step 2: only for windows, download openssl binaries zip, extract it and put libeay32.dll[/] and ssleay32.dll in YACReader's installation folder.
indy.fulgan.com/SSL/openssl-1.0.2k-i386-win32.zip
Step 3: delete COMIC_VINE_BASE_URL entry when a new release of YACReader will be released.
Step 1: add COMIC_VINE_BASE_URL entry to your YACReaderLibrary.ini config file
Code:
[ComicVine]
COMIC_VINE_API_KEY=your_api_key
COMIC_VINE_BASE_URL=https://comicvine.gamespot.com/api
YACReaderLibrary.ini can be found in these locations
macos
Code:
/Users/yourusername/Library/Application\ Support/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/YACReaderLibrary.ini
windows
Code:
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary\YACReaderLibrary.ini
linux
Code:
it depends on your distro, it should be in your home directory
Step 2: only for windows, download openssl binaries zip, extract it and put libeay32.dll[/] and ssleay32.dll in YACReader's installation folder.
indy.fulgan.com/SSL/openssl-1.0.2k-i386-win32.zip
Step 3: delete COMIC_VINE_BASE_URL entry when a new release of YACReader will be released.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amix, neurohacked, skarz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 6 months ago #3060
by selmf
Usually it's located here:
Please take note that this is a hidden directory
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine
Luis Ángel wrote:
linuxCode:it depends on your distro, it should be in your home directory
Usually it's located here:
Code:
~/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/YACReaderLibrary.ini
Please take note that this is a hidden directory
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tkhobbes
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 6 months ago #3061
by tkhobbes
Replied by tkhobbes on topic Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine
Works like charm - am on MacOS, added the line to the ini file 
Thanks!
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- neurohacked
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 1
9 years 6 months ago #3068
by neurohacked
Replied by neurohacked on topic Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine
I tried this but now I get Invalid API Key. On macOS 10.12.4
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- neurohacked
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 1
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #3069
by neurohacked
Replied by neurohacked on topic Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine
So, I left in the original API Key:
and just added the BASE_URL. So:
and now it works.
Code:
COMIC_VINE_API_KEY=
and just added the BASE_URL. So:
Code:
[ComicVine]
COMIC_VINE_API_KEY=
COMIC_VINE_BASE_URL=https://comicvine.gamespot.com/api
and now it works.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by selmf. Reason: your api key should be private
The following user(s) said Thank You: skarz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- skrimaging
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 4
9 years 5 months ago #3100
by skrimaging
Replied by skrimaging on topic Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine
Nice! this solved issue for me! thanks for the steps!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- amix
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 2 months ago #3220
by amix
Replied by amix on topic Unknown error when getting tags from ComicVine
I can confirm this as working on Windows 10. I had not the problems, that user @neurohacked described on macOS.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel