Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Question re: reading list format

Question re: reading list format 9 years 2 months ago #1090

invisifan

Fresh Boarder

A quick question — it’s been stated that the next version will support reading-lists, so my question is what form will they take? a straight text file list (like most old media playlists), some XML-based form (used by some newer playlists) or something else?

I could probably figure this out myself easily enough, but the beta 0.8 for windows says it’s not a valid application …
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question re: reading list format 9 years 2 months ago #1091

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Are you using Windows XP? If so, the beta hasn't been patched for XP, but the final release will be.

Right now, there isn't any kind of automation for creating/exporting/importing reading lists. You can create them and put any comics in them using drag&drop.

I you are using Windows XP and know how to use an hexadecimal editor you can patch the binaries yourself[0]. I would like to receive as much feedback about reading lists as possible.

[0]www.tripleboot.org/?p=423
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Question re: reading list format 9 years 2 months ago #1095

invisifan

Fresh Boarder

Most of my home network is XP — W7+ is bloated and has nothing of much interest for me … I can try it on one of the W7 systems, but I’d not use that on any sort of on going basis.

I’ve no problem patching with a hex editor, although I have no idea what to look for to do so.

Question re: reading list format 9 years 2 months ago #1097

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Just read the link I posted, there you will see the values you have to change.

You have to change a couple of times 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 by 05 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 at the beginning of the executables (close to address 0000130)
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Question re: reading list format 9 years 2 months ago #1117

invisifan

Fresh Boarder

I’ve done the patch and it begins to start — then crashes right away, so I fired it up on a Win7 system — and just got a blank black window. Dropping .cbr files in got a timer but no display and then it crashed …
*sigh*

Question re: reading list format 9 years 2 months ago #1125

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Are you using the patched version in Windows 7? You don't need to.

Question re: reading list format 9 years 2 months ago #1126

invisifan

Fresh Boarder

No, the patched one is on the desktop of my primary system, I unzipped the beta separately to the Win7’s local drive

Question re: reading list format 9 years 2 months ago #1127

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Weird. Could you send me this folder ("C:\Users\luisangel.sanmartin\AppData\Local\YACReader") ? (please, zip it and email me the .zip). In the mean time try to update your graphic card drivers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: invisifan

Question re: reading list format 9 years 1 month ago #1194

invisifan

Fresh Boarder

Just wondering if there’s anything further on this — I’d really like to try it out if possible (on any machinr) … and the graphics drivers were up-to-date btw

Question re: reading list format 9 years 1 month ago #1199

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I din't see anything wrong in your logs. I am not sure why YACReaderLibrary is not starting properly. I saw that you launched in both OpenGL and NoOpenGL mode. Are you having the same issue in both modes?

Try changing USE_OPEN_GL=2 to USE_OPEN_GL=0 in YACReaderLibrary.ini. C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary\YACReaderLibrary.ini
  • Page: