- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
Help and support for Windows users.
Refresh edited files in library
- Drybonz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
11 years 6 months ago #1159
by Drybonz
Refresh edited files in library was created by Drybonz
If I edit pages in a book with ComicRack, the changes do not apply in YACReader, even if I restart the program or update the library. Is there a way to "refresh" the books in YACReader so that the changes apply?
For instance, a book was showing the back cover as the front in YACReader, so I went to ComicRack and changed the page to be marked as the back cover, but that change does not apply in YACReader, even after a restart and if I update the library.
For instance, a book was showing the back cover as the front in YACReader, so I went to ComicRack and changed the page to be marked as the back cover, but that change does not apply in YACReader, even after a restart and if I update the library.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 6 months ago #1160
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Refresh edited files in library
YACReader reads your comic files as they are on your harddisk. If ComicRack doesn't physically change the order of the files in the comic container YACReader won't pick it up. The only way to do this is to manully rename the files inside the container. Any good compression software can be used for that, I'd suggest 7zip as that's what we're using to handle decompression in YACReader.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Drybonz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #1161
by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic Refresh edited files in library
ComicRack renames the files.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Drybonz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #1162
by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic Refresh edited files in library
Ah... ok, I see what is happening. It's the cover thumbnails that don't get refreshed. So, if I edit a file to fix the cover it doesn't change in the "cover flow", but if I open the book I can see the changes.
So, I think it would be great if the program could generate a new thumbnail for changed files.
So, I think it would be great if the program could generate a new thumbnail for changed files.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Drybonz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #1183
by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic Refresh edited files in library
On a related note... I have noticed that if I combine a couple folders of comics on my PC and then update the library in YACReader, it does not make the changes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 6 months ago #1184
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Refresh edited files in library
Could you put here the path of the two folders, and the final path of the combined one? Thanks
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Drybonz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #1185
by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic Refresh edited files in library
Sure, the final folder, which was one of the starting folders is:
\Comics\Organized\X\X-Men, The Uncanny (1963)
The other folder (which is gone now, combined into the above) I believe was the same but (1968) at the end.
I combined about 30 books or so into the larger folder.
\Comics\Organized\X\X-Men, The Uncanny (1963)The other folder (which is gone now, combined into the above) I believe was the same but (1968) at the end.
I combined about 30 books or so into the larger folder.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 6 months ago #1188
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Refresh edited files in library
What was the final status after updating the library?
Was the "other folder" deleted from the library? Were the comics moved to the first folder added to the library in the right folder?
Was the "other folder" deleted from the library? Were the comics moved to the first folder added to the library in the right folder?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Drybonz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #1189
by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic Refresh edited files in library
Both original folders are still there, even after updating the library several times.
I should mention I'm on 8.0 beta right now.
I should mention I'm on 8.0 beta right now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 6 months ago #1200
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Refresh edited files in library
Finally had some time to look into this. The hash algorithm YACReaderLibrary only hashes the first 0.5 MB of a file. This means the hash of a comic file does not necessarily change when you make adjustments to the archive. A simple but costly fix would be to hash the whole file, but that would increase the time a library import takes by a lot. So we might consider comparing the time of the last write access to a comic with the creation time of its cover thumbnail. If the last write is more recent we do a refresh of the file.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel