Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Stop scrolling to the next comic.

Stop scrolling to the next comic. 9 years 1 month ago #1177

toninho3rd

Fresh Boarder

Hi. I'm a long time user of your program and there is a small tidbit that always bothered me.

I use the mouse wheel a lot. and as a matter of purely personal preference, I generally scroll forwards backwards to re-read parts and things like that.

the deal is, if you are on the very last page and scroll down (or on the very first and scroll up) you will go the the next/previous comic.

It kinda annoys me because as said, my reading is a bit all over the place, so its very easy for me to scroll to the next/previous comic when reaching the last or first page. Also, in my head, opening a file is like opening the comic, and since in real life i wouldn't open issue 2 by simply flipping the page on the last page of Issue one (trades do not count because those are generally kept in a single comic file), the same shouldn't happen on the virtual realm.

so... is there a way to disable this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Stop scrolling to the next comic. 9 years 1 month ago #1178

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Some readers have a click-box when you overscroll past the last page to confirm you want to read the next book.

I have also seen the option to disable overscrolling past the last page.

I think either one would work. Just a thought.

Stop scrolling to the next comic. 9 years 1 month ago #1179

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

The current behaviour should display a "last page" or "first page" text box as a warning one time before the next scroll takes you into the next or previous comic. That works best when using the keyboard for scrolling, mouse wheels are a different story and we've actually been busy fixing a few nasty bugs related to mouse wheels and overscrolling in the current beta. So... I'm kind of interested - does the warning text box even have an effect when using a mouse wheel?

Adding an option to disable overscrolling is certainly doable. If you know a bit about coding, you could even do it yourself. However, as the suggestion "even you could do that, why don't you try" usually has the effect of scaring away people, I won't force you to try :cheer:

I am currently working on a few smaller features that involve better configurability of some of YACReader's features, so I probably could take a look at adding an overscrolling option as well. I can't however promise that this will be ready for the final 8.0 version. We're deep in the beta cycle already and we're trying to avoid anything that has the potential of introducing new bugs and regressions.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Stop scrolling to the next comic. 9 years 1 month ago #1182

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Welcome to the forum toninho3rd.

As selmf has said, this probably will have to wait until the first version after the 8.0 release. I think that no new features should be added to 8.0.

I like the idea of a button for going to the next/previous comic in the last/home warning views. So if you disable the automatic loading, you could go to the next/previous comics just using the mouse. Thank you Drybonz.

Thank you all for the feedback!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\