- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 3
Help and support for Windows users.
YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor
- BronthionC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2696
by BronthionC
YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor was created by BronthionC
Hello Luis,
I'm using the YACReaderLibrary to organize my comics on a Windows Desktop system and the server to browse and import them on my iPad. The options are pretty basic so far, but very functional.
While re-installing the YACReader (8.5.0 OPEN-GL version) on my new computer (Win10 64bit) I've experienced an annoying bug:
After a while the YACReader won't start anymore. Just the reader, not the library. In the Windows Event Manager I see two exceptions:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: YACReader.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x56f5724e
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: Qt5Gui.dll, Version: 5.5.1.0, Zeitstempel: 0x561c06dd
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005 (= STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
and after a second or so
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000041d (= STATUS_FATAL_USER_CALLBACK_EXCEPTION)
It took me a while to figure out the cause of this:
the YACReader saves its last position in an ini file. I'm working with dual monitors and my secondary monitor is virtualy left of my primary. When I move the Reader to my secondary before closing, the x position becomes negative
POS=@Point(-926 38)
This seems to be the cause of the exceptions. If I delete the ini file in AppData/Local/YACReader or at least change the position to something positive, e.g.
POS=@Point(926 38)
and et voilà, the reader appears again with no more exceptions recorded.
I hope this helps with the QS of your next Version.
Keep up the good work,
Thomas
I'm using the YACReaderLibrary to organize my comics on a Windows Desktop system and the server to browse and import them on my iPad. The options are pretty basic so far, but very functional.
While re-installing the YACReader (8.5.0 OPEN-GL version) on my new computer (Win10 64bit) I've experienced an annoying bug:
After a while the YACReader won't start anymore. Just the reader, not the library. In the Windows Event Manager I see two exceptions:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: YACReader.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x56f5724e
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: Qt5Gui.dll, Version: 5.5.1.0, Zeitstempel: 0x561c06dd
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005 (= STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
and after a second or so
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000041d (= STATUS_FATAL_USER_CALLBACK_EXCEPTION)
It took me a while to figure out the cause of this:
the YACReader saves its last position in an ini file. I'm working with dual monitors and my secondary monitor is virtualy left of my primary. When I move the Reader to my secondary before closing, the x position becomes negative
POS=@Point(-926 38)
This seems to be the cause of the exceptions. If I delete the ini file in AppData/Local/YACReader or at least change the position to something positive, e.g.
POS=@Point(926 38)
and et voilà, the reader appears again with no more exceptions recorded.
I hope this helps with the QS of your next Version.
Keep up the good work,
Thomas
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by BronthionC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral, tristanthorn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
9 years 9 months ago #2818
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor
The weird part: for me, just the library opens, even on the second monitor.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 years 9 months ago #2842
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor
Thanks for posting the bug.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 years 9 months ago #2900
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor
I don't have a dual monitor setup, but I can move YACReader outside the visible area of my screen before closing it so the POS setting is saved with a negative value.
But I can't replicate the crash.
Very weird bug btw, negative values are allowed for the position of the window...
I will keep investigating
But I can't replicate the crash.
Very weird bug btw, negative values are allowed for the position of the window...
I will keep investigating
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral, ziadamu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
9 years 9 months ago #2902
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor
My `yacreader.ini` after a crash:
Does it helps?
No negative values here, but it crashes.
Code:
[General]
CONTRAST=100
GAMMA=100
PATH=.
USE_OPEN_GL=2
GO_TO_FLOW_SIZE=@Size(126 200)
MAG_GLASS_SIZE=@Size(350 175)
FLOW_TYPE=0
FULLSCREEN=false
SIZE=@Size(617 882)
MAXIMIZED=false
DOUBLE_PAGE=false
BACKGROUND_COLOR=@Variant(\0\0\0\x43\x1\xff\xff((((((\0\0)
ALWAYS_ON_TOP=false
SHOW_TOOLBARS=true
FLOW_TYPE_GL=0
Y_POSITION=-20
COVER_DISTANCE=18
CENTRAL_DISTANCE=100
ZOOM_LEVEL=-7
Z_COVER_OFFSET=10
COVER_ROTATION=40
FADE_OUT_DIST=2
LIGHT_STRENGTH=3
MAX_ANGLE=30
X_ROTATION=0
Y_COVER_OFFSET=0
PERFORMANCE=1
FLOW_TYPE_SW=0
LAST_VERSION_CHECK=@Variant(\0\0\0\xe\0%\x80\x9b)
recentFiles=C:\\Users\\foo\\bar.cbr, C:\\Users\\foo\\bar.cbz, C:\\Users\\foo\\bar.cbz
FITMODE=2
POS=@Point(1929 206)
Does it helps?
No negative values here, but it crashes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 years 9 months ago #2906
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor
I will try to use that config.
BTW, I have enable extra security options in the forum to avoid spam, so now any new post/message has to be approved by an admin before it appears in the forum.
BTW, I have enable extra security options in the forum to avoid spam, so now any new post/message has to be approved by an admin before it appears in the forum.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ziadamu
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 9 months ago #2946
by ziadamu
Replied by ziadamu on topic YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor
I'm having the same issue as OP, YACLibrary works fine, but YACReader won't start anymore.
I managed to fix the problem by editing the last position in the init file as well.
I've messed around with it a bit, and the crash only happens when Windows sees the YACReader window as being on the monitor that isn't my main display.
To illustrate, since I'm not sure my explanation is clear enough, I have two monitors, the left one being my main display.
As long as Windows regards YACReader as being on the left monitor, YACReader will start up fine when i open it again after closing.
However, the moment Windows sees the YACReader window as being on the right monitor (as you can tell by the YACReader taskbar icon), the reader won't start when I try opening it again.
I don't think it's possible to recreate the crash without a multiple monitor setup. I tried unplugging one of my monitors, in which case the program runs fine, no matter what x- or y-position I choose.
I managed to fix the problem by editing the last position in the init file as well.
I've messed around with it a bit, and the crash only happens when Windows sees the YACReader window as being on the monitor that isn't my main display.
To illustrate, since I'm not sure my explanation is clear enough, I have two monitors, the left one being my main display.
As long as Windows regards YACReader as being on the left monitor, YACReader will start up fine when i open it again after closing.
However, the moment Windows sees the YACReader window as being on the right monitor (as you can tell by the YACReader taskbar icon), the reader won't start when I try opening it again.
I don't think it's possible to recreate the crash without a multiple monitor setup. I tried unplugging one of my monitors, in which case the program runs fine, no matter what x- or y-position I choose.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 8 months ago #2955
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor
I think this might be a bug that isn't caused by YACReader but by the QT toolkit we're using. The real question here is why it happens with the reader but not with the library. Question: Do you use the library in cover flow mode (the one with the table on the lower half of the screen)? If not, please switch to that mode and check if the crash now also happens with the library app.
Also, just in case, please try to disable hardware acceleration in YACReader's Cover Flow and check if that helps. My current guess is a problem related to OpenGL (it wouldn't be the first time), but it could be anything.
Also, just in case, please try to disable hardware acceleration in YACReader's Cover Flow and check if that helps. My current guess is a problem related to OpenGL (it wouldn't be the first time), but it could be anything.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
9 years 8 months ago #2958
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor
No, @selmf. I changed comic view mode, disabled, enable, disabled the hardware acceleration, but... No crash.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tristanthorn
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #3023
by tristanthorn
Replied by tristanthorn on topic YACReader does not start on Win 10 / Dual Monitor
Amazing! This bug has happened to me about 6 times now. Sure enough, deleting the .ini file in AppData/Local/YACReader fixes the problem!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel