- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #627
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta was created by Luis Ángel
EDIT: Today I have submitted the final version to the App Store. If everything goes fine, YACReader for iOS 1.6.0 and YACReader 7.2.0 will be released next Monday 15th September.
The next version is going to be a major release: 2.0.0, I am already working on it. Right now this version is unusable, but as soon as I will get a fully functional version I will open another testing topic. Lots of new things are coming
If the release of iOS8 brings any incompatibilities or issues, I will release a minor version (1.6.5) for fixing the issues.
Thank you very much for helping me with the testing of the new version!
Hi!
If you are interested in testing the new beta version of YACReader for iOS, all you have to do is to join the testers team: CLOSED and install the TestFlight app in your iOS device. You will receive an OTA as soon as the beta will be available.
You will need the beta of YACReaderLibrary 7.2.0 for testing the 1.6.0 iOS verion. A link for downloading it will be published in this topic.
The beta version should be ready this weekend. The new features are:
Note: being a beta tester implies reporting bugs and share feedback, if you are not going to participate with the team, the beta tester privileges can be revoked at any time.
LINKS (Desktop version - beta2):
The next version is going to be a major release: 2.0.0, I am already working on it. Right now this version is unusable, but as soon as I will get a fully functional version I will open another testing topic. Lots of new things are coming
If the release of iOS8 brings any incompatibilities or issues, I will release a minor version (1.6.5) for fixing the issues.
Thank you very much for helping me with the testing of the new version!
Hi!
If you are interested in testing the new beta version of YACReader for iOS, all you have to do is to join the testers team: CLOSED and install the TestFlight app in your iOS device. You will receive an OTA as soon as the beta will be available.
You will need the beta of YACReaderLibrary 7.2.0 for testing the 1.6.0 iOS verion. A link for downloading it will be published in this topic.
The beta version should be ready this weekend. The new features are:
- New folders design: www.yacreader.com/forum/questions-to-the...ers-ios?start=10#589
- Remote reading from YACReaderLibrary without importing your issues first.
- A new design for the web library.
- Some bug fixes.
Note: being a beta tester implies reporting bugs and share feedback, if you are not going to participate with the team, the beta tester privileges can be revoked at any time.
LINKS (Desktop version - beta2):
- Windows (beta2 fixed) : bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/down....2.0-beta3-win32.exe
- MacOSX : bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/down...ta3-MacOSX-Intel.dmg
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 1 month ago #634
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta
The first beta has been sent. Waiting for feedback
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
12 years 1 month ago #636
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta
Should we list bugs here or open one topic for each one?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 1 month ago #637
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta
Put them here.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
12 years 1 month ago #638
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta
I updated YACReader while writing on iA Writer. So, I navigated while on landscape orientation, what I usually don't do, and found some minor issues.
Other things are the import, browse and read links on Remote Library. They're all too tiny.
I can't see the point of the browse link. Even reading it there, I try to tap right on the cover expecting to open the folder. Now, the same occurs with the read. It's much easier to tap the covers. It's expected to tap the covers and see something happening.
Every first item of each letter could have an anchor. So, the user could go right to the letter, instead of have to scroll down the screen. Again, talking like web dev, a :target could be useful too here.
I love the overall changes on design. The software are more homogenous now. I'm anxious for the next changes on this matter.
Congratulations for the job well done!
- The bottom bar covers part of settings while on landscape;
- the import screen is much higher than necessary.
Other things are the import, browse and read links on Remote Library. They're all too tiny.
I can't see the point of the browse link. Even reading it there, I try to tap right on the cover expecting to open the folder. Now, the same occurs with the read. It's much easier to tap the covers. It's expected to tap the covers and see something happening.
Every first item of each letter could have an anchor. So, the user could go right to the letter, instead of have to scroll down the screen. Again, talking like web dev, a :target could be useful too here.
I love the overall changes on design. The software are more homogenous now. I'm anxious for the next changes on this matter.
Congratulations for the job well done!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #639
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta
Ops! The second image is missing!
Notice that the iPad is on landscape.
---
update
Well, it looks like the second image doesn't want to go! I'm sorry!
Notice that the iPad is on landscape.
---
update
Well, it looks like the second image doesn't want to go! I'm sorry!
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by robson.sobral.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 1 month ago #640
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta
You are right, the scroll doesn't work on landscape mode in the settings screen.
I will add the tap to browse in the web library folders, I am not sure about the tap for reading (I want to prevent accidental taps). The anchor is a really good idea.
It will be a 1.6.5 version for fixing all the issues existing in iOS 8, since Apple has dropped the support for iOS 6 and earlier in the SKD 8.0 I will start to renew the whole user interface for the 2.0 release.
Thank you
I will add the tap to browse in the web library folders, I am not sure about the tap for reading (I want to prevent accidental taps). The anchor is a really good idea.
It will be a 1.6.5 version for fixing all the issues existing in iOS 8, since Apple has dropped the support for iOS 6 and earlier in the SKD 8.0 I will start to renew the whole user interface for the 2.0 release.
Thank you
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
12 years 1 month ago #641
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta
I agree about the accidental taps.
One more thing! The options cog could be hidden at all when use 'long tap' for opening options is enabled.
This can prevent some dumb users to report imaginary bugs.
One more thing! The options cog could be hidden at all when use 'long tap' for opening options is enabled.
This can prevent some dumb users to report imaginary bugs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 1 month ago #642
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta
I have kept it for avoiding misunderstandings about how to close the options view, but I can see your point.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Jpschouten
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #643
by Jpschouten
Replied by Jpschouten on topic YACReader 1.6.0 iOS + YACReader 7.2.0 beta
Trying to install, i get. the massage not able to download when apps says installing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel