Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader Library[newest version huge library bug.

YACReader Library[newest version huge library bug. 10 years 1 month ago #419

Archi0

Fresh Boarder

Hello there.

I have a huge comic collection(about 47GB, 1670volumes in zip/rar). The problem I have approached is that when i want to open title in library the message appeared "YACReader cant connect to library". After adding all volumes in YACReader Library everything seems fine, the covers and titles are all on place, but when i wanted to open the title the massage appeared. I have tested some and when I add only about 500-700 from 1670 titles everything works fine.

I have tested this on Linux and Windows(comics are on NTFS partition) and everywhere this message appeared.

PS: I had deleted YACReader metadata, made a fresh library etc. every time the same problem. On older versions everything was fine.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader Library[newest version huge library bug. 10 years 1 month ago #420

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Welcome to the forum Archi0.

Thank you for reporting the bug. My main library has more than 100GB of comics and I don't have this issue. How do you have your library organized? What are your system specs? (cpu,ram,etc) What version of Linux and Windows are your using?

Thanks for your help.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader Library[newest version huge library bug. 10 years 1 month ago #421

Archi0

Fresh Boarder

My library is just zips/rars thrown in one big folder. Maybe this messy organization is the issue. My system specs are low, its only a netbook with Atom 1.6 with 1gb(before update to 7.0.0, everything was working fine), I didnt have time to test it on bigger PC. I am using YACReader on Windows 8.1 and Manjaro Linux, in manjaro i used compiled version. Earlier i was using version 6.5.3 from AUR in Arch Linux, on that version everything were fine.

BTW Sorry for my crappy english.

[EDIT]: Now I will test the YACReader Portable 6.5.3 on Windows.
[EDIT2]: After adding to new library made in YACReader Portable 6.5.3 on Windows everything works.
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Archi0.

YACReader Library[newest version huge library bug. 10 years 1 month ago #422

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

YACReader 6.5.3 is going to work well with your library because in all versions prior to 7.0.0 there is no YACReader <-> YACReaderLibrary communication.

The issue is this big folder with all the comics in it. When YACReaderLibrary opens a comic into YACReader there is a data transfer between them, including some information about all the comics in the same folder.

You have 1670 comics in a single folder, so the data transferred is too big for my current implementation. I will try to make the communication protocol more robust, but I recommend you to have a more organized library.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\