Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: File thumbnails are not displayed in folders

File thumbnails are not displayed in folders 1 year 4 months ago #7278

jijfa

Fresh Boarder

File thumbnails are not displayed in folders. I mean the title pages of comics in the computer folders themselves. Reinstalling the application does not help. Help.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

File thumbnails are not displayed in folders 1 year 4 months ago #7279

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

YACReader doesn’t include a file explorer extension for comic files. It is a feature that depending on the platform so it is a little bit tricky…I need to find time to implement it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

File thumbnails are not displayed in folders 1 year 4 months ago #7290

motardo

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I've had the same problem, but only on "random" files... I've been looking for the reason, mainly because I couldn't open in in remote using yacreaderlibraryserver...

finally got it!!! it was caused because the server didn't support the rar5 compression, so converting them to rar4 worked like a charm both for the thumbnails and remote reading :cheer:

hope this helps

File thumbnails are not displayed in folders 1 year 4 months ago #7291

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

motardo wrote:
I've had the same problem, but only on "random" files... I've been looking for the reason, mainly because I couldn't open in in remote using yacreaderlibraryserver...

finally got it!!! it was caused because the server didn't support the rar5 compression, so converting them to rar4 worked like a charm both for the thumbnails and remote reading :cheer:

hope this helps

It really depends on the build you are using...

YACReader supports various decompression libraries: 7zip, libarchive and unarr. unarr doesn't support rar5 yet. How did you install YACReader and what's the platform you are using?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

File thumbnails are not displayed in folders 1 year 4 months ago #7292

jijfa

Fresh Boarder

With some files, it really happens that the file thumbnail is not displayed, repacking the file helps, apparently this is due to the problem described above. But I have a different kind of problem. I have win10. This happens sometimes, and I do not know what it is connected with. Sometimes, after reinstalling the system, everything is displayed normally, and sometimes it happens that they are not displayed. Moreover, the files are the same, and I had this on win7 and win10 with different versions of YACReader. Only reinstalling Windows helps.