Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YacReader Library search

YacReader Library search 1 year 1 month ago #7462

Muskillo

Fresh Boarder

First, thank you very much for this wonderful program. My language is Spanish and in my language many words are accented. The problem is that I have a large collection of comics and the program distinguishes between accented and unaccented words in the searches so sometimes there are collections and comics that I can't find. For example, if I have a comic in my collection called "Perfección" and I do a search with the unaccented word "Perfeccion", it does not find that comic and vice versa. It would be interesting to correct that so that the search engine finds the comic indistinctly when searching, whether or not the accented word is placed, because to find the comics of many collections you have to do the search twice, once accentuating the word and once without accentuating it. Thank you very much. I have also noticed that the same thing happens in searches when you search for titles where there are dots in the description for example: "SOLO Caminos escritos" or "SOLO. Caminos escritos". Both searches give different results. It should give the same result whether you put the dot or not. I haven't tried with , , :, etc, I don't know if it will be the same with other signs. I think that the searches should always show the results of the written text regardless of accents, dots, etc.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Muskillo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YacReader Library search 1 year 1 month ago #7463

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I will take a look. Thanks for reporting this.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muskillo

YacReader Library search 1 year 1 month ago #7464

Muskillo

Fresh Boarder

I would also like to make a point to improve the display in the YacReader Library desktop application. For example when you browse through the thumbnails of the comics folders and go backwards you always have to start from the top of the collection. For example if you have 1000 comic folders in the Marvel folder and you open a folder you always have to start browsing from the top of the collection. It would be interesting to be able to navigate from the position of the last folder you opened.

YacReader Library search 1 year 1 month ago #7467

Muskillo

Fresh Boarder

I edited the post, but it's strange, now nothing appears.

YacReader Library search 1 year 1 month ago #7484

Stank7569

Fresh Boarder

Hello.

I also have an issue with French. I have some folders called "Glénat", or "Conquêtes", and all those with accents are not imported into the library.

Quite problematic since most title in French have accent :(

YacReader Library search 1 year 1 month ago #7486

Stank7569

Fresh Boarder

Nevermind, mine was due to NFS mounting that had issues with accent between unicode mac and linux, I added this parameters to my nfs mount and everything is OK now

apple.stackexchange.com/a/125813