Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Crash with cbz

Crash with cbz 2 months 3 weeks ago #8645

RV

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Hi YAC team !

Since a few months now, i experience quasi systematic crash when reading cbz. It never happened with PDF so far even if i did not read a lot of PDF (i prefer the CBZ).
After a few pages of reading, the app YAC Reader freezes with a grey screen and it impacts slowness on all my iPad. I need to restart the app so that things come back to normal and restart the reading. It takes several seconds, sometimes to 1 minute.
It seems that it happens after a certain volume of data loaded (?) never at the beginning of the file.

Do you have an idea how to solve this?

My config:
YAC Reader 3.31.2.0 on iPad iOS 17.5.1
YAC Library on iMac Sonoma 14.5

Thanks in advance.
RV
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crash with cbz 2 months 3 weeks ago #8648

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 582

There shouldn’t be any actual difference between cbz and pdf regarding this problem. A bug was fixed in 3.31.0 with the same symptoms, I have tested the app going back and forth through files with thousands of pages and I can’t replicate the problem anymore. I also used diagnostic tools while reading to ensure the app is not leaking any kind of resources.

Do you mind sending me a file that’s consistently failing?

The fact that iOS itself gets affected makes me think that the problem could be in iOS itself and not in the code of the app, but I can’t put a pin on it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Crash with cbz 2 months 3 weeks ago #8649

Luis Ángel

Administrator

What device are you using?
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Crash with cbz 2 months 3 weeks ago #8652

RV

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I thought the same when the problem happened that it came from the iPad and completely restored the iOS and all apps incl. YAC Reader.
Not better unfortunately...
I am running it on an iPad 6th generation.

How can i send you the file in MP?

Crash with cbz 2 months 3 weeks ago #8653

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Use any of the emails available in the contact sections of this web and send a link to the file using some cloud service if it's too large.

I have an iPad 6th gen myself, and with iOS 16 I can't replicate the problem at all. I'll update to 17.5.1 and I'll test your file as soon as I get it.

Crash with cbz 2 months 3 weeks ago #8654

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you very much for the files. Sadly I couldn’t reproduce the problem, I tested them (I turned all the pages in both files) using my iPad 6th gen after updating to the latest version of ipados.

Since it’s the same device and the same ios version the only variables left are the settings and maybe the import method.

So could you share all your settings please? And how did you import the files? How many comics do you have in your device? And how much free space? The more information you share the better.

Crash with cbz 2 months 2 weeks ago #8671

RV

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I thought i had answered to your question, maybe i missed it, below some precisions.

I use only YACReaderLibrary, all my comics are stored on my iMac, nothing on the iPad. I access them on my iPad with YACReader through Import>YACReaderLibrary over my Wifi network.
The Library where are stored the 2 comics i sent you is 42Go, with many changes add/delete comics every week (i do not know if it can impact).
I have 3 other libraries.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel