- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Mode Launch Edition for PDFs
- bester69
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 years 6 days ago #3328
by bester69
Mode Launch Edition for PDFs was created by bester69
Hi,
I come from Debian Linux, Ive just discover Yacreader Software, and im really impressed and delighted with it,
I really love it as a PDF's reader, I love the rich interface and the engine rendering, It really looks very nice, much better than native pdf' linux readers.
---
Now, I miss/ would like to be able to copy text and capture image selection from viewer within the pdf. As i guess Yacreader might use a images's engine and can't do it.
I would suggest a way to open the page with a external PDF's editor. This would do it my favourite PDF's reader.

Thaks a lot.
I come from Debian Linux, Ive just discover Yacreader Software, and im really impressed and delighted with it,
I really love it as a PDF's reader, I love the rich interface and the engine rendering, It really looks very nice, much better than native pdf' linux readers.
---
Now, I miss/ would like to be able to copy text and capture image selection from viewer within the pdf. As i guess Yacreader might use a images's engine and can't do it.
I would suggest a way to open the page with a external PDF's editor. This would do it my favourite PDF's reader.
Thaks a lot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 years 5 days ago #3335
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Mode Launch Edition for PDFs
Yes, you are guessing right. YACReader renders pdf's pages as images and it can't handle text at all.
Honestly your request is a little bit out of scope, I don't have problems about including this in YACReader but the TODO list is already humongous and my spare time for working on the project is very limited, so the chances that I'll implement this are really low. So your options are: do it yourself if you are a developer, convince @selmf to do this (unlikely) or try to find a developer with your very same interests in yacreader.
Honestly your request is a little bit out of scope, I don't have problems about including this in YACReader but the TODO list is already humongous and my spare time for working on the project is very limited, so the chances that I'll implement this are really low. So your options are: do it yourself if you are a developer, convince @selmf to do this (unlikely) or try to find a developer with your very same interests in yacreader.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: bester69
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 1 day ago #3350
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Mode Launch Edition for PDFs
Actually I wouldn't say no to having text selection for pdfs, but I currently don't have the time to implement it and other comic format related issues take priority. Pdf support will see some significant improvements in the upcoming 9.0.0 release (new engine, faster rendering, better image quality) but there actually won't be any changes interface-wise. Debian might not get the new engine at launch time though as there is no package available and I will have to create one myself, which will take some time.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel