- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Some suggestions from an ex QA tester
- Annoys Parrot
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
12 years 11 months ago #279
by Annoys Parrot
Some suggestions from an ex QA tester was created by Annoys Parrot
Hello there,
These are some of mine suggestions to improve YACR:
1. Ask for confirmation when "mark all as read"; it's very easy to press the button by mistake.
2. Read comics in streaming, without importing it (I think Comic Glass has this one).
3. Delete pages directly from the app (very useful!).
4. The ability to log-in (with email and password) so that some information may be stored online.
That said, I think YAC Reader is a great piece of software; and of course, I will make a donation each time one of these features will be implemented, ah ah! It is important to support application we use and that we like. Thank you again for your amazing work.
These are some of mine suggestions to improve YACR:
1. Ask for confirmation when "mark all as read"; it's very easy to press the button by mistake.
2. Read comics in streaming, without importing it (I think Comic Glass has this one).
3. Delete pages directly from the app (very useful!).
4. The ability to log-in (with email and password) so that some information may be stored online.
That said, I think YAC Reader is a great piece of software; and of course, I will make a donation each time one of these features will be implemented, ah ah! It is important to support application we use and that we like. Thank you again for your amazing work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 11 months ago #282
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Some suggestions from an ex QA tester
Thanks for the suggestions
1. In YACReader 7.0 "mark all as read" button will disapear, you will need to "select all" and then "mark as read"
2. 3. These features are already scheduled for future versions.
4. This requires an online service, by now I am not planning to offer it.
1. In YACReader 7.0 "mark all as read" button will disapear, you will need to "select all" and then "mark as read"
2. 3. These features are already scheduled for future versions.
4. This requires an online service, by now I am not planning to offer it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Annoys Parrot
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 11 months ago #287
by Annoys Parrot
Oh, that is fantastic! Very efficient indeed.
Do you have a release date for YACReader 7.0? Also, an essential feature just suggests to myself: I think people should receive an email when one of the thread they opened here on the forum get answered (with the possibility to switch this off, of course). It's really a pity to see so few users here in the forum. I really think having a community supporting a project is a great thing. Also, thank you very much for taking your time answering mine and other people questions. Much appreciated!
Replied by Annoys Parrot on topic Some suggestions from an ex QA tester
Luis Ángel wrote: Thanks for the suggestions
1. In YACReader 7.0 "mark all as read" button will disapear, you will need to "select all" and then "mark as read"
2. 3. These features are already scheduled for future versions.
4. This requires an online service, by now I am not planning to offer it.
Oh, that is fantastic! Very efficient indeed.
Do you have a release date for YACReader 7.0? Also, an essential feature just suggests to myself: I think people should receive an email when one of the thread they opened here on the forum get answered (with the possibility to switch this off, of course). It's really a pity to see so few users here in the forum. I really think having a community supporting a project is a great thing. Also, thank you very much for taking your time answering mine and other people questions. Much appreciated!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fbaier
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 11 months ago #289
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Some suggestions from an ex QA tester
The release date is "as soon as it will be finished" 
Yes, the forum needs some love. I will try to enable the e-mail option later...
You are welcome!
Yes, the forum needs some love. I will try to enable the e-mail option later...
You are welcome!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 10 months ago #296
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic Some suggestions from an ex QA tester
Love number 3! Such a killer idea!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fbaier
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 10 months ago #297
by fbaier
Replied by fbaier on topic Some suggestions from an ex QA tester
I think it's difficult to delete pages out of a cbz/cbr (example) container file ...
I think it would be easier to remove to cbz/cbr file out of the libraty.
I think it would be easier to remove to cbz/cbr file out of the libraty.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel