Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Persistent zoom level

Persistent zoom level 5 years 11 months ago #3877

Matt

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I recently started using YACReader and like it a lot. But I would really like the ability to set a persistent zoom level.

For example: [Just an idea, you are more likely to know the best way to implement the feature.]
1. Set Show full size.
2. Then set zoom to 40%.
3. [New feature] then tick keep. Placed next to reset on the zoom control.

Then each new book opened will keep that setting and ideally keep the setting when YACReader is closed and opened again.

Another, low priority, thing. It would be nice to have Mouse button customization in the Shortcuts settings.

On the subject of shortcuts settings i noticed what may be a couple of bugs (version 9.0.0 Windows 64bit). First on the right click menu the options "Show keyboard shortcuts" and under it "Edit shortcuts" do the same thing. Secondly in Shortcuts settings the "Restore defaults" button does not work.

By the way while I'm here. I was wondering if the YACReader and Library modifies the actual comic achieve files? I've had a quick test and it appears they don't but I want to make sure.

Thanks for taking the time the read this and making YACReader.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Persistent zoom level 5 years 11 months ago #3878

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum!

Zoom is persistent per session as long as you don't switch viewmodes. That is because the zoom is a modifier for the viewmodes. A good zoom setting for full page is often a bad setting for other modes (and the users expect a certain behavior when they switch the viewmode). Making it persist over different viewmodes could be … chaotic. Adding a configuration setting to keep it over different sessions should be possible though.

Tip: Use the + - shortcuts to quickly change zoom when reading.

Mouse button customization is tricky as this goes a bit deeper into our code than shortcuts. Just out of curiosity - how would that feature work for you? What mouse shortcuts would you set?

Context menu and shortcuts: Yep those are bugs. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Lastly, no we don't modify the files. All data is stored outside of the comics.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by selmf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt

Persistent zoom level 5 years 11 months ago #3881

Matt

Fresh Boarder

Thanks for the quick reply.

I see your point with the zoom reset when switching view modes. I do think it's good it does that. It's just keeping it over different sessions I'm after. Changing it to the same setting each time I start YACReader is a bit tedious but not deal breaking.

I thought that might have been the case for mouse customisation. So don't worry about it on my account. Personally all I would have changed is double click from full screen to next page. I'll get used to using wheel or keyboard instead.

Persistent zoom level 5 years 11 months ago #3882

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

To be honest we get feature request like this from time to time, and compared to other stuff this is quite doable, but it tends to get pushed down on the TODO list by the "bigger" features or problems we are working on. Which is sad, because for some users stuff like this can be the difference between a great app and an utterly unusable one.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.