- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Alternate mode for auto scroll/turn page
- Bruno97
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
12 years 10 months ago #315
by Bruno97
Alternate mode for auto scroll/turn page was created by Bruno97
Hi Luis Angel,
What about adding an alternate setting to the existing auto scroll/turn page mode ?
Today the screen is horizontally split into 2 invisible halves (upper and lower).
What if a new setting could allow us to split it vertically, so we could tap right to read forward and tap left to read backward ?
Thanks,
Bruno
What about adding an alternate setting to the existing auto scroll/turn page mode ?
Today the screen is horizontally split into 2 invisible halves (upper and lower).
What if a new setting could allow us to split it vertically, so we could tap right to read forward and tap left to read backward ?
Thanks,
Bruno
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 10 months ago #317
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Alternate mode for auto scroll/turn page
This feature is already scheduled for the next release.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruno97
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Bruno97
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #320
by Bruno97
Replied by Bruno97 on topic Alternate mode for auto scroll/turn page
Good news
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
12 years 5 months ago #443
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic Alternate mode for auto scroll/turn page
This would be really useful, specially for people with small hands, like my wife. I just bought the iPad app and she was complaining about it.
Thanks for the attention!
Thanks for the attention!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 5 months ago #449
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Alternate mode for auto scroll/turn page
I am testing the next version for iOS, and it already has this option. The new version should be available soon.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
12 years 5 months ago #451
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic Alternate mode for auto scroll/turn page
To use the first and the last vertical thirds of screen for turn the page the middle one to show the menu is already a standard used even by iBooks.
I believe that to respect this standard will make easier to use the app.
Thank you for your attention.
I believe that to respect this standard will make easier to use the app.
Thank you for your attention.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
11 years 2 months ago #1585
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic Alternate mode for auto scroll/turn page
I'm back to bother Luis.
I've been reading a lot on different apps. Marvin, iBooks, Kindle, Chumky Reader split the screen by three parts and use the middle one to open the options. However, YAC Reader splits the screen by two parts.
So, I'm always tapping in the middle on YAC Reader or tapping long on Chumky or Marvin or Kindle. It's annoying.
Is it possible to match the standard?
Do you want to kill me?
I've been reading a lot on different apps. Marvin, iBooks, Kindle, Chumky Reader split the screen by three parts and use the middle one to open the options. However, YAC Reader splits the screen by two parts.
So, I'm always tapping in the middle on YAC Reader or tapping long on Chumky or Marvin or Kindle. It's annoying.
Is it possible to match the standard?
Do you want to kill me?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 2 months ago #1592
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Alternate mode for auto scroll/turn page
I will think about adding a third option
it shouldn't be difficult to implement. I don't like the central tap 
I really use the app a lot myself, so default behaviours tend to match my personal preferences, but you know that I always listen what the users have to say
I really use the app a lot myself, so default behaviours tend to match my personal preferences, but you know that I always listen what the users have to say
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel