- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Intelligent scrolling.
- Nalojolan
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
12 years 9 months ago #346
by Nalojolan
Intelligent scrolling. was created by Nalojolan
Hi.
One of the most boring thing I have on my laptop with ALL readers is the scrolling which never stops at the good position.
In effect, I use 'fit width' view option and each time I press 'space', it scrolls down and (often) cuts the thumbnail.
Would it be possible to align the scroll to the low side of the thumbnail (which changes all the time) ?
Difficult to do but could be an incredible usefull feature !
Thanks.
One of the most boring thing I have on my laptop with ALL readers is the scrolling which never stops at the good position.
In effect, I use 'fit width' view option and each time I press 'space', it scrolls down and (often) cuts the thumbnail.
Would it be possible to align the scroll to the low side of the thumbnail (which changes all the time) ?
Difficult to do but could be an incredible usefull feature !
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 7 months ago #418
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Intelligent scrolling.
Yes, have an intelligent auto-scrolling would be great. And it is one of the features in my TODO list.
I also read comics using "fit width", but I use the fit to width slider to get the better performance from the auto scroll feature. You need to adjust it for each comic with a different image aspect ratio, but by now is the better solution.
I also read comics using "fit width", but I use the fit to width slider to get the better performance from the auto scroll feature. You need to adjust it for each comic with a different image aspect ratio, but by now is the better solution.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
12 years 5 months ago #444
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic Intelligent scrolling.
I have a suggestion that could simplify this to some point. It's a good idea and easier to implement than an intelligent scroll.
Besides fit to height and to width adjusts, we need a fit to smaller dimension option of the image. I don't know if you, Luís, code on CSS, but I gonna to cite a CSS example. Something like the `cover` value of the `background-size` property.
It's annoying to move from a single to a double page and have to readjust the zoom. And then to readjust again when back to a single page.
To remove the panning transition effect between pages can make it easier to code.
I don't know I made my point, here. Please, if I'm nothing being clear, tell me.
Thanks!
Besides fit to height and to width adjusts, we need a fit to smaller dimension option of the image. I don't know if you, Luís, code on CSS, but I gonna to cite a CSS example. Something like the `cover` value of the `background-size` property.
It's annoying to move from a single to a double page and have to readjust the zoom. And then to readjust again when back to a single page.
To remove the panning transition effect between pages can make it easier to code.
I don't know I made my point, here. Please, if I'm nothing being clear, tell me.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel