Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Intelligent scrolling.

Intelligent scrolling. 10 years 4 months ago #346

Nalojolan

Fresh Boarder

Hi.

One of the most boring thing I have on my laptop with ALL readers is the scrolling which never stops at the good position.
In effect, I use 'fit width' view option and each time I press 'space', it scrolls down and (often) cuts the thumbnail.
Would it be possible to align the scroll to the low side of the thumbnail (which changes all the time) ?

Difficult to do but could be an incredible usefull feature !

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Intelligent scrolling. 10 years 1 month ago #418

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Yes, have an intelligent auto-scrolling would be great. And it is one of the features in my TODO list.

I also read comics using "fit width", but I use the fit to width slider to get the better performance from the auto scroll feature. You need to adjust it for each comic with a different image aspect ratio, but by now is the better solution.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Intelligent scrolling. 10 years 1 week ago #444

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

I have a suggestion that could simplify this to some point. It's a good idea and easier to implement than an intelligent scroll.

Besides fit to height and to width adjusts, we need a fit to smaller dimension option of the image. I don't know if you, Luís, code on CSS, but I gonna to cite a CSS example. Something like the `cover` value of the `background-size` property.

It's annoying to move from a single to a double page and have to readjust the zoom. And then to readjust again when back to a single page.

To remove the panning transition effect between pages can make it easier to code.

I don't know I made my point, here. Please, if I'm nothing being clear, tell me.

Thanks!