Skip to content
YACReader
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.

[FEATURE] implement auto-update for library(ies)

  • curisu
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #4491 by curisu
Searching the forums I found one user has implemented a Mac OSX launch agent to watch a given path and run the `update-library` utility on change.

It's a bit of a chore to munge the plist and reload the agent when a library change is made.

I think this is a feature worth full-blown support in both the GUI application as well as the *Server bins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4493 by cloudy
Hello Curisu,

actually, the plist I created adopt the "Watch-Folder" option, so that every time anything is added to the Library folder, it automatically update the Library itself.

I tinkered a little bit with it, I'm not sure I uploaded the last version now. I'll check it later and eventually update it if needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4505 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic [FEATURE] implement auto-update for library(ies)
Sure. The main problem is to make the GUI aware of the updates and update it nicely...

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4579 by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic [FEATURE] implement auto-update for library(ies)
I really like the auto update idea. I have used Plex media server before, and having a small server utility running that keeps everything updated in the background is so nice. I would like to be able to keep the YAC server running 24/7 and know that I can always grab new comics to read through my iPad app.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4581 by YellowCab
Replied by YellowCab on topic [FEATURE] implement auto-update for library(ies)
I'm running the YAC Server on Windows and have created a scheduled task for this.

Program / Task: "C:\Program Files\YACReader\YACReaderLibraryServer.exe"
update-library <your path here>

Run this task as systen.
Run every hour.

New stuff is added nicely.

The Gui is not updated but I don't think this is an issue.
Just re-open the library of the new stuff is there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #6857 by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic [FEATURE] implement auto-update for library(ies)
Was automatic library update ever added?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #6861 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic [FEATURE] implement auto-update for library(ies)
Nope, it is something I still want to add though.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: middle_pickup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #6902 by SquaTront
Replied by SquaTront on topic [FEATURE] implement auto-update for library(ies)
I’m all for this feature added. In the meantime, I’ve created a keyboard maestro macro to update the library twice a day (the added benefit is that if for some reason that the server crashed, it will relaunch and update).

I’m not running the latest macOS but I’m sure something could be created in Shortcuts to do the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #6960 by Renns
I would also love to see aut-update implemented. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: middle_pickup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #6996 by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic [FEATURE] implement auto-update for library(ies)
Is there a CLI command for updating all libraries? Would be nice to trigger that in Windows on a schedule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!