- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 1
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
[Feature] Add publishing date to sortable columns
- CovertDad
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 11 months ago #4896
by CovertDad
[Feature] Add publishing date to sortable columns was created by CovertDad
When I used ComicRack, I could make lists of comics sorted by date, so that I could read, for example, a crossover event over several titles in (usually) correct order. That feature would be nice to have in YACR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 11 months ago #4899
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic [Feature] Add publishing date to sortable columns
YACReader uses a database to store metadata, so in theory all kinds of queries and combinations of metadata are possible. It just never has been properly exposed to the user. I tried to implement sortable columns in the past, but I couldn't quite get it working.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tuathane
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 2
4 years 9 months ago #6447
by Tuathane
Replied by Tuathane on topic [Feature] Add publishing date to sortable columns
Coming back to this request with a slight modification; would it be possible to at least expose the publication date to the column list, even if it is not sortable? In my thought, it would at least make building reading lists far easier.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 9 months ago #6451
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic [Feature] Add publishing date to sortable columns
Adding/removing columns is other thing that has been in the TODO list like forever...I will try to do something about it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 9 months ago #6455
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic [Feature] Add publishing date to sortable columns
I added the column here:
github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...es/tag/9.8.2.2112262
No sorting though...
No sorting though...
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tuathane
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 2
4 years 9 months ago #6456
by Tuathane
Replied by Tuathane on topic [Feature] Add publishing date to sortable columns
Awesome! Thanks, Luis!
I’ll give it a shot tonight, and no worries about sorting. I didn’t expect that, based on the previous comments.
I’ll give it a shot tonight, and no worries about sorting. I didn’t expect that, based on the previous comments.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tuathane
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 2
4 years 9 months ago #6457
by Tuathane
Replied by Tuathane on topic [Feature] Add publishing date to sortable columns
You've got my vote for best and most responsive dev ever. Thank you so much. Works like a charm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel