Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Mac OSX Version

Mac OSX Version 9 years 9 months ago #553

plbp15

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 3

ok i made this topic so that the old one would be for the lists, and not a mess.

-The one ability that i would want is the one to use the fullscreen mode of the new OSX that was introduced in Lion some years ago...do you know?

-The dark theme is welcome... but if look into it the color white and the translucid materials are in the order of the day and by that you could be up to date with the new OSx version coming this fall (that i would like you to look for inspiration)
(ex: go and use itunes a little, its efficient, its mac-like, and its white)

-The Cover Flow has been removed from apple software some time ago (i know you are introducing a new grid mode)

-i dont want to be bad, but the whole logo and the image of your app in the web site, as the pc/mac software needs to be updated for the new design in the iOS

-(this one is a crazy idea, that i doubt users would like) but if you could assign an image to a library and to the folders? (ex: like my marvel library, instead of a name and the little icon, would be the marvel logo)

-For the new Grid mode, make the background color optional, or restrict it to black, white and shades of gray, the itunes library works great on white background (i dont want you to go mad on the black)

-I would remove the top bar and but all the buttons bellow the left sidebar. (i will upload some pics)

If i remember more stuff i'll put it here
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mac OSX Version 9 years 9 months ago #554

plbp15

Junior Boarder

My itunes sidebar, with the options bellow like i said

Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by plbp15.

Mac OSX Version 9 years 9 months ago #555

plbp15

Junior Boarder

The simple bar, with nothing more than the app name and the usual press buttons

Mac OSX Version 9 years 9 months ago #559

plbp15

Junior Boarder

- The search bar in OSX is huge, and there is no need for that.

Mac OSX Version 9 years 9 months ago #560

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

plbp15 wrote:
ok i made this topic so that the old one would be for the lists, and not a mess.
-The one ability that i would want is the one to use the fullscreen mode of the new OSX that was introduced in Lion some years ago...do you know?

Yes, I know. Due to some bugs in Qt5 (the framework used in the development) I am stuck with Qt4(not support for the fullscreen mode). This feature should be added sooner or later.
plbp15 wrote:
-The dark theme is welcome... but if look into it the color white and the translucid materials are in the order of the day and by that you could be up to date with the new OSx version coming this fall (that i would like you to look for inspiration)
(ex: go and use itunes a little, its efficient, its mac-like, and its white)

This is a matter of tastes, as I have said before some users have requested the dark theme so I will add the option. Spotify, for example, also has a dark theme. But, I agree with you, I think that a native looking theme must be available and it has to be as polished as possible.

BTW, I use MacOSX when I work on YACReader for iOS, so I am relatively familiar with the whole thing.
plbp15 wrote:
-The Cover Flow has been removed from apple software some time ago (i know you are introducing a new grid mode)

I'll keep it. The grid view should be enough for those who don't like it.
plbp15 wrote:
-i dont want to be bad, but the whole logo and the image of your app in the web site, as the pc/mac software needs to be updated for the new design in the iOS

I am working on it, in fact I was tempted to add the new logo in the "8.0 roadmap" designs that I have published but the YACReaderLibrary icon needs some more work.

plbp15 wrote:
-(this one is a crazy idea, that i doubt users would like) but if you could assign an image to a library and to the folders? (ex: like my marvel library, instead of a name and the little icon, would be the marvel logo)

I was thinking about this time ago, it is in my TODO list, but I want to find the right way for doing it (at least the library/image thing)
plbp15 wrote:
-For the new Grid mode, make the background color optional, or restrict it to black, white and shades of gray, the itunes library works great on white background (i dont want you to go mad on the black)

Don't worry :D I still have to design the grid view for MacOSX
plbp15 wrote:
-I would remove the top bar and but all the buttons bellow the left sidebar. (i will upload some pics)
I am not sure about this, buttons in the left sidebar are always associated to things in the sidebar, so the general config or the server config dialogs would be in the wrong place.
plbp15 wrote:
If i remember more stuff i'll put it here
Cool.
plbp15 wrote:
The simple bar, with nothing more than the app name and the usual press buttons

YACReader was highly criticized (for MacOSX users) by not including the unified toolbar :D, by now I'll keep it.

About the search edit, it needs some work. As soon I will be able to change to Qt5 I will work on it.

NOTE: for some reason I can't delete your messages :S EDIT: DONE!
NOTE2: use some images service for uploading big images (imgur or tinypic)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by valimaki.

Mac OSX Version 9 years 9 months ago #561

Luis Ángel

Administrator

This is Finder, and the left bar on YACReaderLibrary uses the same principles, as you can see, the options/actions/buttons are relative to each element (hide, eject, etc...).

Now, the toolbar in iTunes, it uses a customized unified toolbar. The one used by YACReaderLibrary it isn't so fancy, but again it uses the same principles:

If you look for screenshots of older versions of YACReader in OSX, you can see how weird/ugly it looked, so don't worry for the future of YACReader in MacOSX because I am giving it some extra love in each new version. Things such as more touch pad responsiveness and retina display support are coming.

And don't worry about any criticism, getting feedback is the only way for improving YACReader version after version.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Mac OSX Version 9 years 9 months ago #562

plbp15

Junior Boarder

Ok we are on the path to be the best product possible :P

If i remember more stuff i will say so....

I dont have much time to read, and to use your software now... but i will get the news going...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Mac OSX Version 9 years 9 months ago #563

Luis Ángel

Administrator

plbp15 wrote:
Ok we are on the path to be the best product possible :P

hahahaha, I hope so ;)

Mac OSX Version - Full screen 9 years 7 months ago #729

Kelly

Fresh Boarder

Liking this app more than any other I've tried so far...

Two suggestions for the Mac version tho,

Full screen support for the library
and smart playlist/libraries, such as recent added etc.

Thanks

Mac OSX Version - Full screen 9 years 7 months ago #730

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Reading/smart lists are coming to YACReader in 8.0: www.yacreader.com/forum/questions-to-the...-coming-to-yacreader

The full screen will be avaialable as soon as I will be able to swith from Qt4 to Qt5, here is why I am stuck with Qt4: bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39781

Thanks for your suggestions