Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder

Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder 1 year 11 months ago #6770

pezhead7

Fresh Boarder

Hello,

New user here. been a ComicZeal user since 2011 and wishing I'd made the jump to YacReader sooner. The dropbox integration and Library client alone make it worth the change.

Currently, I'm trying to create a series of reading lists spanning Marvel Events from the past decade.

When creating a new reading list, I have no problem arranging comics in the order I want, or importing them once sorted.

However, the reading list organization itself seems to be confusing me.
Could you explain the logic behind how the reading lists are ordered ?

I tried using a numeric sequence, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
001 - Av
010 - Anni
035 - Age of
002 - Hou
003 - Dec
004 - Spi
005 - Civ

Could you elaborate on this ?

Also, I'm sure I'm not the first to request this, but would it be difficult to add a drag and drop / sub foldering option to the reading list ?

It would be great if I could create lists as needed, drag them up and down the column to reorder them, or even drag them into or between folders. Similar to the functionality in Spotify with playlists and subfolders.

Otherwise, loving the way the Library and iPad app work together.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder 1 year 11 months ago #6774

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi,

top level lists are sorted alphabetically, nested lists are added to end of the current list as they are created, but you can re-sort them by drag & drop. Did you try darg & drop and it didn't work?

Send me some screenshots so I can see exactly what you have.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder 1 year 11 months ago #6777

pezhead7

Fresh Boarder

When I create a new list (using the + button) it seems to add it at random. I even tried a new list (013 - test list) and is added it after the first list. However, last night, I was able to create lists numbered 045 through 054 and each automatically added themselves at the very end of the readling list listing.

Also, I am unable to drag or drop top level lists. I try to drag holding the title, as well as the icon. They seem to be locked in place.

I am using the most recent version of YAC Reader Library
Attachments:

Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder 1 year 11 months ago #6778

Luis Ángel

Administrator

You can’t rearrange top level lists, they should be sorted alphabetically, I don’t understand why yours aren’t.

If you need a relation between lists then create a top level list and add sublists.

Can you try the latest dev version to see if your lists are properly sorted? github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...es/tag/9.8.2.2204141

EDIT: I can't see your screenshot btw, try to use imgur.com or a similar service.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder 1 year 11 months ago #6779

Luis Ángel

Administrator

This is what I see when adding lists:

As you can see, all top level lists are sorted alphabetically and sublists are arranged using drag&drop in any order I want.

Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder 1 year 11 months ago #6781

pezhead7

Fresh Boarder

I think I know the issue now. When renaming top level lists, it maintains it's order / rank in the list based on the original naming convention.

Follow up question (hopefully last question) ... when syncing Nested lists over the LAN to my ipad, it doesn't maintain the sub folder structure.

Is there a setting I'm missing ? Or is it impossible to maintain the foldering across devices ?

Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder 1 year 11 months ago #6784

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Reading lists are handled as a special type of folders in the iOS app, the comics are imported following the order of the subfolders in the list. Basically the same thing that happens in the library when you click on a top level list. Ideally it should respect the sublists structure instead of flattening everything, but it is not supported yet.