- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder
- pezhead7
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 years 4 months ago #6770
by pezhead7
Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder was created by pezhead7
Hello,
New user here. been a ComicZeal user since 2011 and wishing I'd made the jump to YacReader sooner. The dropbox integration and Library client alone make it worth the change.
Currently, I'm trying to create a series of reading lists spanning Marvel Events from the past decade.
When creating a new reading list, I have no problem arranging comics in the order I want, or importing them once sorted.
However, the reading list organization itself seems to be confusing me.
Could you explain the logic behind how the reading lists are ordered ?
I tried using a numeric sequence, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
001 - Av
010 - Anni
035 - Age of
002 - Hou
003 - Dec
004 - Spi
005 - Civ
Could you elaborate on this ?
Also, I'm sure I'm not the first to request this, but would it be difficult to add a drag and drop / sub foldering option to the reading list ?
It would be great if I could create lists as needed, drag them up and down the column to reorder them, or even drag them into or between folders. Similar to the functionality in Spotify with playlists and subfolders.
Otherwise, loving the way the Library and iPad app work together.
New user here. been a ComicZeal user since 2011 and wishing I'd made the jump to YacReader sooner. The dropbox integration and Library client alone make it worth the change.
Currently, I'm trying to create a series of reading lists spanning Marvel Events from the past decade.
When creating a new reading list, I have no problem arranging comics in the order I want, or importing them once sorted.
However, the reading list organization itself seems to be confusing me.
Could you explain the logic behind how the reading lists are ordered ?
I tried using a numeric sequence, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
001 - Av
010 - Anni
035 - Age of
002 - Hou
003 - Dec
004 - Spi
005 - Civ
Could you elaborate on this ?
Also, I'm sure I'm not the first to request this, but would it be difficult to add a drag and drop / sub foldering option to the reading list ?
It would be great if I could create lists as needed, drag them up and down the column to reorder them, or even drag them into or between folders. Similar to the functionality in Spotify with playlists and subfolders.
Otherwise, loving the way the Library and iPad app work together.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 4 months ago #6774
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder
Hi,
top level lists are sorted alphabetically, nested lists are added to end of the current list as they are created, but you can re-sort them by drag & drop. Did you try darg & drop and it didn't work?
Send me some screenshots so I can see exactly what you have.
top level lists are sorted alphabetically, nested lists are added to end of the current list as they are created, but you can re-sort them by drag & drop. Did you try darg & drop and it didn't work?
Send me some screenshots so I can see exactly what you have.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pezhead7
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 4 months ago #6777
by pezhead7
Replied by pezhead7 on topic Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder
When I create a new list (using the + button) it seems to add it at random. I even tried a new list (013 - test list) and is added it after the first list. However, last night, I was able to create lists numbered 045 through 054 and each automatically added themselves at the very end of the readling list listing.
Also, I am unable to drag or drop top level lists. I try to drag holding the title, as well as the icon. They seem to be locked in place.
I am using the most recent version of YAC Reader Library
Also, I am unable to drag or drop top level lists. I try to drag holding the title, as well as the icon. They seem to be locked in place.
I am using the most recent version of YAC Reader Library
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #6778
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder
You can’t rearrange top level lists, they should be sorted alphabetically, I don’t understand why yours aren’t.
If you need a relation between lists then create a top level list and add sublists.
Can you try the latest dev version to see if your lists are properly sorted? github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...es/tag/9.8.2.2204141
EDIT: I can't see your screenshot btw, try to use imgur.com or a similar service.
If you need a relation between lists then create a top level list and add sublists.
Can you try the latest dev version to see if your lists are properly sorted? github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...es/tag/9.8.2.2204141
EDIT: I can't see your screenshot btw, try to use imgur.com or a similar service.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 4 months ago #6779
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder
This is what I see when adding lists:
As you can see, all top level lists are sorted alphabetically and sublists are arranged using drag&drop in any order I want.
As you can see, all top level lists are sorted alphabetically and sublists are arranged using drag&drop in any order I want.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pezhead7
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 4 months ago #6781
by pezhead7
Replied by pezhead7 on topic Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder
I think I know the issue now. When renaming top level lists, it maintains it's order / rank in the list based on the original naming convention.
Follow up question (hopefully last question) ... when syncing Nested lists over the LAN to my ipad, it doesn't maintain the sub folder structure.
Is there a setting I'm missing ? Or is it impossible to maintain the foldering across devices ?
Follow up question (hopefully last question) ... when syncing Nested lists over the LAN to my ipad, it doesn't maintain the sub folder structure.
Is there a setting I'm missing ? Or is it impossible to maintain the foldering across devices ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 4 months ago #6784
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Readling List Organization - Dragging / Sub Folder
Reading lists are handled as a special type of folders in the iOS app, the comics are imported following the order of the subfolders in the list. Basically the same thing that happens in the library when you click on a top level list. Ideally it should respect the sublists structure instead of flattening everything, but it is not supported yet.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel