- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 5
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Rescan the library (not only the xml)
- alext41
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 years 1 month ago #6963
by alext41
Rescan the library (not only the xml) was created by alext41
Hi, when replacing files with new versions that e.g. have more pages or less, it would be great to have an option to rescan a folder or the hole library to have this changes in and the yacreader knows there is a "updated" version of the file in.
thx
@lex
thx
@lex
The following user(s) said Thank You: domiriel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- realjck
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 2
3 years 11 months ago #7130
by realjck
Replied by realjck on topic Rescan the library (not only the xml)
I also noticed that thumbnails/covers are not updated when updating the library.
YACLibrary could detect that a file has been modified at this time, and thus rescan it, I think it is necessary that this is done automatically by the software.
Also an option from contextual menu (right-clic menu) to Rescan a book or a folder without updating the library would be a top notch feature.
YACLibrary could detect that a file has been modified at this time, and thus rescan it, I think it is necessary that this is done automatically by the software.
Also an option from contextual menu (right-clic menu) to Rescan a book or a folder without updating the library would be a top notch feature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: domiriel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- domiriel
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 11 months ago #7168
by domiriel
Replied by domiriel on topic Rescan the library (not only the xml)
Very much this! I have an extensive collection and have written some scripts to fix stuff like covers etc. in the files themselves as I spot them. Alas, I need to rescan the entire top-level folder, which takes quite a while, when I could just re-scan the folder I've touched. Getting the thumbnails to update would be important as well. As it stands, I have a number of comics for which I fixed the cover in the file that still appear wrong in the library. I guess I can delete them and re-scan the whole thing, but that clearly is not the best way do do this...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 11 months ago #7169
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Rescan the library (not only the xml)
This is next in my TODO list, I will start working on it once I am done improving the UI for HDPI screens.
In the mean time, you can use the edit menu to pick the right cover for a comic. That should force a cover update.
In the mean time, you can use the edit menu to pick the right cover for a comic. That should force a cover update.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: domiriel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- domiriel
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 11 months ago #7172
by domiriel
Replied by domiriel on topic Rescan the library (not only the xml)
Glad to know it is in the works!
Going through edit does work, but I have to edit twice. Once to choose a "cover" with a page number different from the original (typically, page 2) and then again to re-select page 1, at which point it will get the new page 1, the correct cover.
Having a rescan option to do this will be much efficient, especially if there are several comics to fix. Looking forward to it!
Going through edit does work, but I have to edit twice. Once to choose a "cover" with a page number different from the original (typically, page 2) and then again to re-select page 1, at which point it will get the new page 1, the correct cover.
Having a rescan option to do this will be much efficient, especially if there are several comics to fix. Looking forward to it!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel