Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Rescan the library (not only the xml)

Rescan the library (not only the xml) 1 year 8 months ago #6963

alext41

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 5

Hi, when replacing files with new versions that e.g. have more pages or less, it would be great to have an option to rescan a folder or the hole library to have this changes in and the yacreader knows there is a "updated" version of the file in.

thx
@lex
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: domiriel

Rescan the library (not only the xml) 1 year 6 months ago #7130

realjck

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

I also noticed that thumbnails/covers are not updated when updating the library.
YACLibrary could detect that a file has been modified at this time, and thus rescan it, I think it is necessary that this is done automatically by the software.

Also an option from contextual menu (right-clic menu) to Rescan a book or a folder without updating the library would be a top notch feature.

Rescan the library (not only the xml) 1 year 5 months ago #7168

domiriel

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Very much this! I have an extensive collection and have written some scripts to fix stuff like covers etc. in the files themselves as I spot them. Alas, I need to rescan the entire top-level folder, which takes quite a while, when I could just re-scan the folder I've touched. Getting the thumbnails to update would be important as well. As it stands, I have a number of comics for which I fixed the cover in the file that still appear wrong in the library. I guess I can delete them and re-scan the whole thing, but that clearly is not the best way do do this...

Rescan the library (not only the xml) 1 year 5 months ago #7169

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

This is next in my TODO list, I will start working on it once I am done improving the UI for HDPI screens.

In the mean time, you can use the edit menu to pick the right cover for a comic. That should force a cover update.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Rescan the library (not only the xml) 1 year 5 months ago #7172

domiriel

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Glad to know it is in the works!

Going through edit does work, but I have to edit twice. Once to choose a "cover" with a page number different from the original (typically, page 2) and then again to re-select page 1, at which point it will get the new page 1, the correct cover.

Having a rescan option to do this will be much efficient, especially if there are several comics to fix. Looking forward to it!