- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 4
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Portrait View - 3 Step double page display - Win10
- Korok
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #7089
by Korok
Portrait View - 3 Step double page display - Win10 was created by Korok
Hello YACReader Team
I wanted to suggest/request a function.
Maybe it is already in the Windows Version and I was just to stupid to notice…..
The function I wish for is already used by some reading apps on IOS or Android as Phones and Tablets are used in most cases in Portait view. (I stopped reading on mobile when my tablet broke down a long time ago. I never replaced it as I prever reading on PC. SO I dont know how YACReader is handling this on Android)
Now to my request.
I am reading all Mangas with my screen in Portrait mode (turn the screen 90°) on my PC.
This makes reading compared to normal wide screen really awesome. It works well for normal pages. But if there is a doube page it sucks, as the page is displayed really small.
It is OK so see the big picture but they text in the speech bubbles is super small.
So a function to display a double page in 3 Steps would be awesome.
My suggestion is.
If the function is activated it checks for each page that is opened the resolution to see if it is a normal single or a double page. (or wile scanning the .zip/.cbz while opening it)
Example: w1080 x h1920 is a normal page and w2160 x h1920 is a double page.
For a double page the function kicks in and first display the complete picture and when you click next it opens a split view of one half, and after that the other half.
So that you can first view the double page and then ready each half of the double page. = In 3 Steps.
YACReader can already identify double pages from single pages. So that part is already in the code of the reader.
#1 Total View -> Hit next button
#2 View zoomed in right side of the double Page -> Hit next.
#3 View left side of the double Page -> Hit next = next page of the Manga
For me it would be OK if the split view is static (really clipped/zoomed in) but if possible it would be nice if you could drag and drop left right while seeing the Split view (In step #2).
I attached an example.
To clarify why I said #2 = right side of the double page.
Manga are read from right to left and back to front normally. You have a "Reverse order in double page mode", but it works not as I had expected it to be. What it does is reverse the direction the pages are displayed when you click next too.
I am sure you already now the difference between Comics and Manga. But for the off chance that what I want do describe is missunderstood.
You can laugh at me because I wasted my time explaining it 😊
If you have a real paper Manga then you have to start reading the Book from the back.
So western first page is the last page in Japan.
But digital Manga are also saved by images same as comics: 001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg …. 179.jpg. And Page 001 is the first you have to read for both then 2,3,4 and so on.
The only difference is that you read a comic page from left top side to lower right side.
A Manga page is read from Top right side to left bottom side.
What I noticed is that activating the "Reverse order in double page mode" function in YACReader will display the page order backwarts. (Next goes back)
I never experienced a digital Manga were this order (backwards) is needed. But I understand that it puts a page in the correct position in double page view. I am only confused why I now also need to use the Back button to go forward.
So if you could implement my suggested “3 Step double page view” you need to be able to select if you want step #2 to display the left or right side of the double page first.
I attached some pictures to visualize what I mean in the zip.
When I read my Comics/Manga I normally sit comfortably leaned back in my chair. The screen is flipped 90° and I use a remote (Logitech R500s) to just click “next” or "back", so I do not hold a mouse.
Thanks for reading till the end.
Best Regards
Thomas
I wanted to suggest/request a function.
Maybe it is already in the Windows Version and I was just to stupid to notice…..
The function I wish for is already used by some reading apps on IOS or Android as Phones and Tablets are used in most cases in Portait view. (I stopped reading on mobile when my tablet broke down a long time ago. I never replaced it as I prever reading on PC. SO I dont know how YACReader is handling this on Android)
Now to my request.
I am reading all Mangas with my screen in Portrait mode (turn the screen 90°) on my PC.
This makes reading compared to normal wide screen really awesome. It works well for normal pages. But if there is a doube page it sucks, as the page is displayed really small.
It is OK so see the big picture but they text in the speech bubbles is super small.
So a function to display a double page in 3 Steps would be awesome.
My suggestion is.
If the function is activated it checks for each page that is opened the resolution to see if it is a normal single or a double page. (or wile scanning the .zip/.cbz while opening it)
Example: w1080 x h1920 is a normal page and w2160 x h1920 is a double page.
For a double page the function kicks in and first display the complete picture and when you click next it opens a split view of one half, and after that the other half.
So that you can first view the double page and then ready each half of the double page. = In 3 Steps.
YACReader can already identify double pages from single pages. So that part is already in the code of the reader.
#1 Total View -> Hit next button
#2 View zoomed in right side of the double Page -> Hit next.
#3 View left side of the double Page -> Hit next = next page of the Manga
For me it would be OK if the split view is static (really clipped/zoomed in) but if possible it would be nice if you could drag and drop left right while seeing the Split view (In step #2).
I attached an example.
To clarify why I said #2 = right side of the double page.
Manga are read from right to left and back to front normally. You have a "Reverse order in double page mode", but it works not as I had expected it to be. What it does is reverse the direction the pages are displayed when you click next too.
I am sure you already now the difference between Comics and Manga. But for the off chance that what I want do describe is missunderstood.
You can laugh at me because I wasted my time explaining it 😊
If you have a real paper Manga then you have to start reading the Book from the back.
So western first page is the last page in Japan.
But digital Manga are also saved by images same as comics: 001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg …. 179.jpg. And Page 001 is the first you have to read for both then 2,3,4 and so on.
The only difference is that you read a comic page from left top side to lower right side.
A Manga page is read from Top right side to left bottom side.
What I noticed is that activating the "Reverse order in double page mode" function in YACReader will display the page order backwarts. (Next goes back)
I never experienced a digital Manga were this order (backwards) is needed. But I understand that it puts a page in the correct position in double page view. I am only confused why I now also need to use the Back button to go forward.
So if you could implement my suggested “3 Step double page view” you need to be able to select if you want step #2 to display the left or right side of the double page first.
I attached some pictures to visualize what I mean in the zip.
When I read my Comics/Manga I normally sit comfortably leaned back in my chair. The screen is flipped 90° and I use a remote (Logitech R500s) to just click “next” or "back", so I do not hold a mouse.
Thanks for reading till the end.
Best Regards
Thomas
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 3 weeks ago #7097
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Portrait View - 3 Step double page display - Win10
This could be solved adding more fitting options. Like "fit to height on landscape images"
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Korok
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 4
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #7098
by Korok
Replied by Korok on topic Portrait View - 3 Step double page display - Win10
I had added a zip with some exmaple picture. Did I do something wrong or was it removed by a moderater?
@Luis Angel: I am not sure do you mean such an option does exist and I should use it ( I did not see something like that).
If is does exist it would not really solder it becaus I think it is importand to first see the complete double page and after that view one half that is fit to the higth to read the text.
Thats why 3 steps: Full View, one halt, other half.
It would be nice to read a complete book without needing to scroll or mouse drag. Just Next, Next, Next, Next. From beginning to end.
@Luis Angel: I am not sure do you mean such an option does exist and I should use it ( I did not see something like that).
If is does exist it would not really solder it becaus I think it is importand to first see the complete double page and after that view one half that is fit to the higth to read the text.
Thats why 3 steps: Full View, one halt, other half.
It would be nice to read a complete book without needing to scroll or mouse drag. Just Next, Next, Next, Next. From beginning to end.
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 3 weeks ago #7099
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Portrait View - 3 Step double page display - Win10
I downloaded and deleted the file from the forum. It takes too much disk space from the server. It is better to use imgur or similar services.
The option doesn't exist. YACReader is able to auto scroll content, so adding that option should solve the problem.
The option doesn't exist. YACReader is able to auto scroll content, so adding that option should solve the problem.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel