- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Multiple Users
- Lb1blink
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 10 months ago #7246
by Lb1blink
Multiple Users was created by Lb1blink
I know some solutions have been posted in the past but it has been a long time and I believe only for windows, I am on UnRAID (linux).
I am hoping for a feature where multiple users can access the same library from one server without the need to duplicate the database. One suggestion was on the windows side to make hard links but this method does not seem to work on Linux which is where my server now resides on.
I do not know how hard it is the implement it but my thought process is allowing the new users to be created then have it look at the same source folder which makes a reading history file for each individual.
Currently I have to duplicate my library on the server end and have every user scan their separate database. I prefer to keep everything on my server and stream the comics instead of saving them saved down locally.
I am hoping for a feature where multiple users can access the same library from one server without the need to duplicate the database. One suggestion was on the windows side to make hard links but this method does not seem to work on Linux which is where my server now resides on.
I do not know how hard it is the implement it but my thought process is allowing the new users to be created then have it look at the same source folder which makes a reading history file for each individual.
Currently I have to duplicate my library on the server end and have every user scan their separate database. I prefer to keep everything on my server and stream the comics instead of saving them saved down locally.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 1 month ago #7247
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Multiple Users
Adding support for multiple users needs some serious work. It's something I would like to add, but I don't know when I will have time to do it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Childr3n
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 1 month ago #7789
by Childr3n
Replied by Childr3n on topic Multiple Users
+1 for this idea 
If you have some workaround to setup multiple users (2) avcessing the same collection with distinct watchlist i’m interested too
If you have some workaround to setup multiple users (2) avcessing the same collection with distinct watchlist i’m interested too
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mikesweeney
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 7 months ago #9348
by mikesweeney
Replied by mikesweeney on topic Multiple Users
I'm kinda surprised that there hasn't been some sort of solution to this problem. it feels like some smart person could figure out a workaround.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel