Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Reseting last read location

Reseting last read location 9 years 6 months ago #772

Elecninja

Fresh Boarder

Hello,

There doesn't seem to be a way to reset the last read position for a comic book.

It would be great if it either gives you the option to do so in a button or automatically resets the last read position when the "Last Page" pop up comes up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reseting last read location 9 years 6 months ago #773

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

You can use the home key for that :)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by selmf.

Reseting last read location 9 years 6 months ago #774

Elecninja

Fresh Boarder

Definitely possible, but also an annoyance especially when you have large amount of comic books to reset.

You don't want to have to go through each one to reset the position. That's just tedious.

And if you want to reread a series, you will have to keep on pressing the home key every time you reopen a book. Once again a tedious procedure.

Reseting last read location 9 years 6 months ago #777

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi,

In YACReaderLibrary you can reset the read status for the current comic or for all the comics selected. Just use the ribbon button with an 'x' in it.

If you want to select all the comics in a folder you can use the 'double tick' button. For selecting specific comics hold 'shift' or 'control' and click on them (list view).

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elecninja

Reseting last read location 9 years 6 months ago #779

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

I think he wants it in YACReader. It's not a bad idea to reset the auto bookmark once a comic has finished. Usually when I open a comic after finishing it I want to read it from the start again. But other people might prefer the way it is now. Maybe we could add a "Reset auto bookmark after comic is finished" checkbox to the options menu?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Reseting last read location 9 years 6 months ago #789

Elecninja

Fresh Boarder

Both options are fine, but it would be great to be able to streamline it by automatically reseting at the end.

That way you don't need to remember to reset the book after you're done.