- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 3
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Add File Management Functions to YACReader Library
- jazucco
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 9 months ago #7342
by jazucco
Add File Management Functions to YACReader Library was created by jazucco
Some of the functions I continue to use in ComicRack (even though it's no longer supported) are the file management functions. Would be nice to have these in the YACReader Library application:
- Convert files to CBZ or CBR as preferred
- Rename files and folders in batch based on file metadata (for example, in ComicRack I am able to create a template that renames and moves files based on series, volume, author, etc).
- Create lists based on attributes of files (for example, I can create a "Smartlist" in ComicRack that will automatically include all comics that are in a certain folder or have a certain read status or even a specific tag)
- Ability to add custom or free form tags to comics
- Ability to create lists based on those tags
- Convert files to CBZ or CBR as preferred
- Rename files and folders in batch based on file metadata (for example, in ComicRack I am able to create a template that renames and moves files based on series, volume, author, etc).
- Create lists based on attributes of files (for example, I can create a "Smartlist" in ComicRack that will automatically include all comics that are in a certain folder or have a certain read status or even a specific tag)
- Ability to add custom or free form tags to comics
- Ability to create lists based on those tags
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 9 months ago #7343
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Add File Management Functions to YACReader Library
Thanks for the feedback.
Do you mind to elaborate a little bit more the smart reading list feature? How do you actually use them? An actual example would be great.
Do you mind to elaborate a little bit more the smart reading list feature? How do you actually use them? An actual example would be great.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jazucco
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 3
3 years 9 months ago #7344
by jazucco
Here are two examples. I've included screenshots that show the definition of the list.
1. A Smartlist that is set to show all comic files added to the library in the last 7 days
2. A SmartList based on a tag that I have defined "Active" this shows any comic that I tag with "Active" I use this to separate out comics that I'm actively reading on a monthly basis.
Replied by jazucco on topic Add File Management Functions to YACReader Library
Luis Ángel wrote: Thanks for the feedback.
Do you mind to elaborate a little bit more the smart reading list feature? How do you actually use them? An actual example would be great.
Here are two examples. I've included screenshots that show the definition of the list.
1. A Smartlist that is set to show all comic files added to the library in the last 7 days
2. A SmartList based on a tag that I have defined "Active" this shows any comic that I tag with "Active" I use this to separate out comics that I'm actively reading on a monthly basis.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 9 months ago #7345
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Add File Management Functions to YACReader Library
And what you see in those list are comics or series?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jazucco
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 3
3 years 9 months ago #7346
by jazucco
Replied by jazucco on topic Add File Management Functions to YACReader Library
Comics, though the UI does allow for the stacking by Series (or other metadata like publisher or author) if there are multiple comics in the list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel