Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YAC Reader Library - Sort Order

YAC Reader Library - Sort Order 1 year 3 months ago #7347

DoraDeathzaurus

Fresh Boarder

Not liking how the only options for sorting is to eliminate the scrape data or having it sorted by issue number. Ideally, this should sort files by file name and options to sort by whatever other scrap data metric a user wants. Like if I want to sort everything by publication date, or issue number, or alphabetically based on issue title... whatever... This seems like such a basic function I am a little disappointed that it has not been implemented.

Great application otherwise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YAC Reader Library - Sort Order 1 year 3 months ago #7348

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

The main reason for the lack of sorting is the three different views for showing comics...but I think I have a good idea to make it work in all of them, I need to find some time to see how it works.

And the other reason is that I really never needed it.

But yeah, it is in my TODO list :)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YAC Reader Library - Sort Order 1 year 2 months ago #7400

Renns

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 6

I would also really appreciate the ability to choose the sort order! :)

YAC Reader Library - Sort Order 1 year 2 months ago #7401

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

I shared a concept UI in Discord: discord.com/channels/917481792179679263/.../1063871227812389004

I would like to implement it for the next release.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: rhaussmann, Renns

YAC Reader Library - Sort Order 1 year 2 months ago #7404

Renns

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 6

Oh wow, that looks great! Thank you.

YAC Reader Library - Sort Order 1 year 2 months ago #7423

whitehusky

Fresh Boarder

Just want to add my request to the list - I'd love to be able to sort by publish date, both in the Library app and in the iOS reader app. Ideally, I'd create a reading list of everything I want to read, which can contain multiple series, and I want to sort it in publish date so I can read the entire story arc in order. Right now, I can create the reading list, but then have to manually try to figure out which is the next issue. Thanks!

YAC Reader Library - Sort Order 1 year 2 months ago #7424

whitehusky

Fresh Boarder

Adding my vote to this. I'd love to be able to sort by publication date. First, when viewing a series, it's important because annuals I'll keep in the same folder as the series, but ComicVine lists them as a separate series, so only sorting by issue number messes up the actual order.

Second though and more importantly, is in the reading list - both in the library and critically in the iOS reader app. Ideally, I'd create a reading list of all the issues I want to read - for me, that's usually an ongoing list of recent issues across series to catch up on, and sometimes it's a story arc/event that crosses multiple series. I can create the reading lists now, which I do, but then there's no way to know what order to read them in. Being able to sort the reading list in publication date would solve that - especially in the iOS app. (In the iOS app, you can only see the publication date by a long press on the icon, which makes it even more difficult.)