Skip to content
YACReader
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.

Suggestions for GUI

  • josephm
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #821 by josephm
Suggestions for GUI was created by josephm
Hi Luis Angel,

Many thanks for the development of the best Comic reader currently.
I am using yacreaderlibrary on PC linked to my NAS and the YACReader client on IOS
I have some suggestions to improve the user interface in IOS as i am facing some issues when using it:

1- as I have all my comics on a NAS, I use a PC with yacreaderlibrary installed and i find it much easier each time that I start the YACReader client on IOS that it goes directly to the last saved connection server, instead of needing to Import then Browse the computer and then connection to the data server, can you implement this feature?
2- when reading a comics, it would be good to have the return button (or exit) always visible on the top right as the "cog" button, it helps when moving quickly between comics
3- would it be possible to have the < Back and Reload buttons down instead of on the top of the screen? in fact the best would be in same level as Library, Import Search, etc. buttons because i often click the < Back button insteat of the upper arrow to navigate between the folders
4- As already asked but other users, a GUIless yacreaderlibrary would be wonderful because i use it just as server and i have often errors that make me an error with exit. Would it be possible to automatically relaunch yacreaderlibrary in case of errors? I would also have a GUIless library in order to implement it on the NAS, and don't needing anymore the PC

I am ready to test your new changes if you need some beta tester.

Many thanks for your work and best regards

j

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #823 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Suggestions for GUI
Hi josephm,

welcome to the forum.

1. This is already scheduled.
2. I put it in the TODO list, but it will have to wait after YACReader for iOS 2.0 will be launched.
3. I want to implement a shrinking navigation bar like the one in safari, what do you think?
4. Could you please send me more information about the errors? The GUIless/headless version is already scheduled (no ETA yet). I would like to release a "YACReader for NAS", by right now is only an idea.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!