Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Suggestions for GUI

Suggestions for GUI 9 years 6 months ago #821

josephm

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hi Luis Angel,

Many thanks for the development of the best Comic reader currently.
I am using yacreaderlibrary on PC linked to my NAS and the YACReader client on IOS
I have some suggestions to improve the user interface in IOS as i am facing some issues when using it:

1- as I have all my comics on a NAS, I use a PC with yacreaderlibrary installed and i find it much easier each time that I start the YACReader client on IOS that it goes directly to the last saved connection server, instead of needing to Import then Browse the computer and then connection to the data server, can you implement this feature?
2- when reading a comics, it would be good to have the return button (or exit) always visible on the top right as the "cog" button, it helps when moving quickly between comics
3- would it be possible to have the < Back and Reload buttons down instead of on the top of the screen? in fact the best would be in same level as Library, Import Search, etc. buttons because i often click the < Back button insteat of the upper arrow to navigate between the folders
4- As already asked but other users, a GUIless yacreaderlibrary would be wonderful because i use it just as server and i have often errors that make me an error with exit. Would it be possible to automatically relaunch yacreaderlibrary in case of errors? I would also have a GUIless library in order to implement it on the NAS, and don't needing anymore the PC

I am ready to test your new changes if you need some beta tester.

Many thanks for your work and best regards

j
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suggestions for GUI 9 years 6 months ago #823

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi josephm,

welcome to the forum.

1. This is already scheduled.
2. I put it in the TODO list, but it will have to wait after YACReader for iOS 2.0 will be launched.
3. I want to implement a shrinking navigation bar like the one in safari, what do you think?
4. Could you please send me more information about the errors? The GUIless/headless version is already scheduled (no ETA yet). I would like to release a "YACReader for NAS", by right now is only an idea.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.