- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Page overview - size and slider
- Kebehansen
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 3 months ago #7627
by Kebehansen
Page overview - size and slider was created by Kebehansen
I enjoy the page overview while reading which can be opened by swiping up from the lower part of the screen. When mostly reading with iPad Pro in upright position then only 1-2 pages before and after the current can be shown.
First suggestion will be to add a ‘page size option’ so you can decide if more pages should be shown.
The other suggestion is regarding the little slider which only appears when scrolling in the page view: can the slider be permanently visible and made bigger (now it is very hard to “catch”). Also moved a little up because when dragging it often the iPad confuses it with the big iPadOS-slider just below so you change to another app instead.
Thanks!
First suggestion will be to add a ‘page size option’ so you can decide if more pages should be shown.
The other suggestion is regarding the little slider which only appears when scrolling in the page view: can the slider be permanently visible and made bigger (now it is very hard to “catch”). Also moved a little up because when dragging it often the iPad confuses it with the big iPadOS-slider just below so you change to another app instead.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 3 months ago #7628
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Page overview - size and slider
Thanks for the suggestions. Do you mind posting a screenshot about the slider?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Kebehansen
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 3 months ago #7629
by Kebehansen
Replied by Kebehansen on topic Page overview - size and slider
Sure - here you go. I added a few explanations as well:
ibb.co/sCTPrHj
ibb.co/sCTPrHj
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 3 months ago #7634
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Page overview - size and slider
Thanks, I didn't notice it at all, the idea was to completely hide it, but I will keep in mind your suggestion, I like the look of the view without the scroll indicator, but maybe I can add an option to show a slider.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Kebehansen
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 3 months ago #7656
by Kebehansen
Replied by Kebehansen on topic Page overview - size and slider
Thank you for considering and thanks for a great app btw.
I can add a few more words with an example:
In comics with several stories in one issue then a story would start at page 60 (when looking at the table of content) but the YAC page number will usually be a little off. So comic page 60 will be YAC page 60+-X pages because of front page, colophon, TOC etc.
In my reading ‘workflow’ I will use a view where the edges/page numbers are cropped. So I tap the screen and get the controls up. I will then drag the slider in the bottom - but need to look at the top of the page to see the YAC page number. Then when I’m at YAC page 60 (which is not the comic page 60) then I need to turns pages until I’m there - or by bringing up the "page overview" by swiping up and find the comic from there. If I could bring the "page overview" with the slider from the start it would only be one process and much easier and intuitive
I can add a few more words with an example:
In comics with several stories in one issue then a story would start at page 60 (when looking at the table of content) but the YAC page number will usually be a little off. So comic page 60 will be YAC page 60+-X pages because of front page, colophon, TOC etc.
In my reading ‘workflow’ I will use a view where the edges/page numbers are cropped. So I tap the screen and get the controls up. I will then drag the slider in the bottom - but need to look at the top of the page to see the YAC page number. Then when I’m at YAC page 60 (which is not the comic page 60) then I need to turns pages until I’m there - or by bringing up the "page overview" by swiping up and find the comic from there. If I could bring the "page overview" with the slider from the start it would only be one process and much easier and intuitive
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel