Skip to content
YACReader
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.

Pre-determined Auto-scroll path

More
11 years 11 months ago #828 by Ahern
Pre-determined Auto-scroll path was created by Ahern
I've only been using the Library+iOS combo for a few days, but I'm loving it so far. I'm transitioning from ComicFlow and really enjoying the improvements over that app, along with the library that beats the heck out of my archaic folder system that I was using :) I'm looking forward to being able to sync my reading progress between my iphone + ipad + mac as mentioned in other posts

FYI, off topic from my original topic, I tried saving my library in a shared folder so my wife could access it on her own profile on our computer, but it carried over the metadata. can the metadata be saved in a user specific manner so that she could have her own reading progress???

Back on topic: I enjoy the auto-scroll for reading on my smaller screen, but it can't be trusted if the intended reading order differs from the standard left -> right, top -> bottom sequence.

I'm not a programmer, but I imagine it would be hard to have the app predict how to read the page if it zig-zags all over the place. How about creating an option to zoom out the page, overlay a box (to represent the screen-view if zoomed in) that the user drags along their desired reading path, and then the app can break that up into x zoomed-in views, zoom in on the first one, and cycle through them on each tap. then clear it once the next page is loaded....

Apologies for my lack of technical jargon. It's part of my job to view systems and suggest improvements such as this, but I never learned how to conveny concepts in a technical manner :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #829 by Ahern
Replied by Ahern on topic Pre-determined Auto-scroll path
Also, I would love the ability to mark something as unread and an icon on each folder/subfolder for the # of unread + in-progress items it contains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #834 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Pre-determined Auto-scroll path

Ahern wrote: I've only been using the Library+iOS combo for a few days, but I'm loving it so far. I'm transitioning from ComicFlow and really enjoying the improvements over that app, along with the library that beats the heck out of my archaic folder system that I was using :) I'm looking forward to being able to sync my reading progress between my iphone + ipad + mac as mentioned in other posts


Glad to hear you enjoy YACReader :) iOS <-> Desktop sync will be added in YACReader 2.0 for iOS. I am working on it. iOS <-> iOS sync using iCloud will come later.

Ahern wrote: FYI, off topic from my original topic, I tried saving my library in a shared folder so my wife could access it on her own profile on our computer, but it carried over the metadata. can the metadata be saved in a user specific manner so that she could have her own reading progress???


I think that there is no simple solution for this issue, sorry. Let me think about it...

Ahern wrote: Back on topic: I enjoy the auto-scroll for reading on my smaller screen, but it can't be trusted if the intended reading order differs from the standard left -> right, top -> bottom sequence.

I'm not a programmer, but I imagine it would be hard to have the app predict how to read the page if it zig-zags all over the place. How about creating an option to zoom out the page, overlay a box (to represent the screen-view if zoomed in) that the user drags along their desired reading path, and then the app can break that up into x zoomed-in views, zoom in on the first one, and cycle through them on each tap. then clear it once the next page is loaded....


As you say, there is no easy way for doing this. Even with your mechanism, it is a pain to read a comic if it doesn't match the classic zig-zag reading. I use a combination of autoscrolling (taps) and some dragging if I am reading in a small screen...

Ahern wrote: Apologies for my lack of technical jargon. It's part of my job to view systems and suggest improvements such as this, but I never learned how to conveny concepts in a technical manner :)


No need for apologies, the important things are the suggestions not the jargon ;)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #835 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Pre-determined Auto-scroll path

Ahern wrote: Also, I would love the ability to mark something as unread and an icon on each folder/subfolder for the # of unread + in-progress items it contains.


The first one is already scheduled, the second one is a good idea :)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!