Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Pre-determined Auto-scroll path

Pre-determined Auto-scroll path 9 years 5 months ago #828

Ahern

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I've only been using the Library+iOS combo for a few days, but I'm loving it so far. I'm transitioning from ComicFlow and really enjoying the improvements over that app, along with the library that beats the heck out of my archaic folder system that I was using :) I'm looking forward to being able to sync my reading progress between my iphone + ipad + mac as mentioned in other posts

FYI, off topic from my original topic, I tried saving my library in a shared folder so my wife could access it on her own profile on our computer, but it carried over the metadata. can the metadata be saved in a user specific manner so that she could have her own reading progress???

Back on topic: I enjoy the auto-scroll for reading on my smaller screen, but it can't be trusted if the intended reading order differs from the standard left -> right, top -> bottom sequence.

I'm not a programmer, but I imagine it would be hard to have the app predict how to read the page if it zig-zags all over the place. How about creating an option to zoom out the page, overlay a box (to represent the screen-view if zoomed in) that the user drags along their desired reading path, and then the app can break that up into x zoomed-in views, zoom in on the first one, and cycle through them on each tap. then clear it once the next page is loaded....

Apologies for my lack of technical jargon. It's part of my job to view systems and suggest improvements such as this, but I never learned how to conveny concepts in a technical manner :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pre-determined Auto-scroll path 9 years 5 months ago #829

Ahern

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Also, I would love the ability to mark something as unread and an icon on each folder/subfolder for the # of unread + in-progress items it contains.

Pre-determined Auto-scroll path 9 years 5 months ago #834

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Ahern wrote:
I've only been using the Library+iOS combo for a few days, but I'm loving it so far. I'm transitioning from ComicFlow and really enjoying the improvements over that app, along with the library that beats the heck out of my archaic folder system that I was using :) I'm looking forward to being able to sync my reading progress between my iphone + ipad + mac as mentioned in other posts

Glad to hear you enjoy YACReader :) iOS <-> Desktop sync will be added in YACReader 2.0 for iOS. I am working on it. iOS <-> iOS sync using iCloud will come later.
Ahern wrote:
FYI, off topic from my original topic, I tried saving my library in a shared folder so my wife could access it on her own profile on our computer, but it carried over the metadata. can the metadata be saved in a user specific manner so that she could have her own reading progress???

I think that there is no simple solution for this issue, sorry. Let me think about it...
Ahern wrote:
Back on topic: I enjoy the auto-scroll for reading on my smaller screen, but it can't be trusted if the intended reading order differs from the standard left -> right, top -> bottom sequence.

I'm not a programmer, but I imagine it would be hard to have the app predict how to read the page if it zig-zags all over the place. How about creating an option to zoom out the page, overlay a box (to represent the screen-view if zoomed in) that the user drags along their desired reading path, and then the app can break that up into x zoomed-in views, zoom in on the first one, and cycle through them on each tap. then clear it once the next page is loaded....

As you say, there is no easy way for doing this. Even with your mechanism, it is a pain to read a comic if it doesn't match the classic zig-zag reading. I use a combination of autoscrolling (taps) and some dragging if I am reading in a small screen...
Ahern wrote:
Apologies for my lack of technical jargon. It's part of my job to view systems and suggest improvements such as this, but I never learned how to conveny concepts in a technical manner :)

No need for apologies, the important things are the suggestions not the jargon ;)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Pre-determined Auto-scroll path 9 years 5 months ago #835

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Ahern wrote:
Also, I would love the ability to mark something as unread and an icon on each folder/subfolder for the # of unread + in-progress items it contains.

The first one is already scheduled, the second one is a good idea :)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\