- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 1
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Convert & Compress From CBR to CBZ or WebP
- Pfantom
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
2 years 9 months ago #8091
by Pfantom
Convert & Compress From CBR to CBZ or WebP was created by Pfantom
Are there any plans to integrate conversion & compression functionality?
As .cbr files get larger and larger, I find it convenient to be able to compress and convert the files to WEBP format. It saves a great deal of storage space.
As .cbr files get larger and larger, I find it convenient to be able to compress and convert the files to WEBP format. It saves a great deal of storage space.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 9 months ago #8093
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Convert & Compress From CBR to CBZ or WebP
I wouldn't mind adding it, but I won't have time for it any time soon.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Pfantom
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 8 months ago #8118
by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Convert & Compress From CBR to CBZ or WebP
Understood. I like the feature as it is a great space saver, and since Comicrack, there have not been many external applications that work as smoothly and effectively to compress the larger files while converting them to WebP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
2 years 2 months ago #8619
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic Convert & Compress From CBR to CBZ or WebP
Just wanted to share a suggestion for this problem in the form of cbxconverter. It’s a free app that handles conversion of comic archives from one image format to another. It’s built with imagemagik, and can convert your comic archives images to webp, avif, or even jxl. I’ve been using it for over a year, and it’s the best thing I’ve found for this need. The best part is that it handles batch processing.
Hope this helps. tomeko.net/software/CbxConverter/index.php?lang=en
Hope this helps. tomeko.net/software/CbxConverter/index.php?lang=en
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel, Pfantom, er45be
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Pfantom
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 2 months ago #8628
by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Convert & Compress From CBR to CBZ or WebP
Thank you. I have tried it in the past, but since I was going back and forth from Windows to MacOS, I never stuck with it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 year 11 months ago #8951
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Convert & Compress From CBR to CBZ or WebP
github.com/binarynonsense/comic-book-rea...me-ov-file#downloads
seems to happily convert quicky from to whatever (pdf/cbz/cbr/...)
seems to happily convert quicky from to whatever (pdf/cbz/cbr/...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pfantom, er45be
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kgeorg
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 8 months ago #9293
by kgeorg
Replied by kgeorg on topic Convert & Compress From CBR to CBZ or WebP
Thanks for the link to ACBR, I did know this one. I tried converting, but it feels much slower than CbxConverter. I use the latter a lot. The only gripe I have there is that the latest version only works with ASCII filenames including the filenames inside the cbr/cbz...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel