Skip to content
YACReader
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.

Library - Permanent reading mode -set read/unread

More
2 years 7 months ago #8177 by Korok
Hello
I would like to set a folder permanently to Manga or Comic reading mode.
I only read Manga and each time I add a Manga to the library I need to remember to set this new added folder to Manga as the default is something else.
So it would be great if it is possible to set a Main folder to Manga and each new added folder below it is automaticly in Manga reading mode.

Manga Main folder <-- Set Permanent to Manga
-Title A
--Vol1
--Vol2

-Title B New added <-- Will be automaticly Manga reading mode
--Vol1
--Vol2



Also the possibility to reset a complete folder (with subfolder) quick to unread.
If I currently right click on the folder "Title A" and set it to unread, nothing happens to the Manga inside.
The Mangas inside are still on the last page for example 168/168 .
Its like this on 2 different PCs and also all the versions of YACReader I ever used.

Currently if I want to reset all Manga to read them again, I will need to go into the "Title A" folder and then in the bottom toolbar select "Select all Comics" -> "mark all as read" (I have the german version so the button names could be named different)

This method is fine for one Manga series but if I want to reset them all, it takes a lot of time.
So it would be great if it would work to set the status Read/Unread on the left folder tree with right click and it applies it to all sub folders below.


Lastly and not so importand but would be a nice to have. When you start the Library, the first page shows the Icons of the "Last Read" Manga.
It would be nice to be able to right click one of the comics shown and then have an option to jump to that folder.
Currently you can only mark it as "Unread" and then it disapears from the list "Last Read"

Thanks for this great Software.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #8182 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library - Permanent reading mode -set read/unread
When you set type for Title A (right button -> set type -> manga) all folders and comics in it should be set as manga. After that, any children should inherit the type. For example, if you add a new folder (+ button) you can check that the type using right button -> set type, and you should see that manga is checked.

I added some fixes and tweaks to this in 9.14.1, so if you haven't updated yet please do it.

Let me know if there are any cases where it doesn't work.

Thanks for the suggestions, one of the things I wanted to add next is some improvements to some of these features, so there will be more options in those context menus.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #8191 by Korok
Hello

I already have the newest version.
I tried it again to make sure.

I do not add Mangas with +, I save a copy (with the Explorere) of it directly inside the folder "Manga" in a subfolder with the correct category.
For example I save a new Manga (Title B) with X Volumes as zip/cbz inside the Subfolder [Sport].
Then I make a right click on the Main Manga folder and select "Update folder". YACLibrary will then rescan the folder and add all new added Manga. But these new added folders will to inherit the configuration that was set on the Main folder.
After the update is done I can make a right click on the Main Manga folder an set the type to Manga and this will set it for all the Mangas below including all the new added ones. I just have to make sure I dont foget to set it each time.
But I thought that it would make more sense that this configuration is inherited from the parent folder by default.


Manga (Main folder)

-[Sport] <-- first Subfolder insode of Manga Main folder

--Title A <-- Manga folder containg all Volumes. This folder is inside [Sport]
---Vol1
---Vol2

--Title B (New added <-- Will not be set to manga after its added, it will be set as comic from the system)
---Vol1
---Vol2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #8192 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library - Permanent reading mode -set read/unread
It should be fixed here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...s/tag/9.14.2.2402121

Give it a try and let me know if it works as expected.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #8195 by Korok
Hello

I tried it it with the linked version it works.
The Folder added to the file tree inherit the setting "Manga" from parent diretory.

Thanks a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!