- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Meta-request - thumbnails of all pages of a comic
- Steve Simmons
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #1066
by Steve Simmons
Meta-request - thumbnails of all pages of a comic was created by Steve Simmons
My first post here, and I must begin with a thank-you for both the YACReader/Library and another for making it open source. Some of my suggestions here are based on a very quick read of the underlying db tables and schemas. If you think it would be appropriate, I'd be happy to put my notes on the tables and schemas into the wiki.
I would like to be able to see a set of thumbnails of the pages of a given comic. With this capability there are a number of specific features I'd like added, but all of them rely on something like that capability - to be able to see *all* the pages of a comic at once, then select them for various purposes. I'll make specific features requests that would be easier to implement if those thumbnails could be displayed, selected, and arranged.
Note also that I'm not talking about a sidebar showing the individual pages such as one sees with ComicBookReader and some other tools. Those can only show a relatively small set of the pages at once. Instead I'd like to see something like
I would like to be able to see a set of thumbnails of the pages of a given comic. With this capability there are a number of specific features I'd like added, but all of them rely on something like that capability - to be able to see *all* the pages of a comic at once, then select them for various purposes. I'll make specific features requests that would be easier to implement if those thumbnails could be displayed, selected, and arranged.
Note also that I'm not talking about a sidebar showing the individual pages such as one sees with ComicBookReader and some other tools. Those can only show a relatively small set of the pages at once. Instead I'd like to see something like
| Pg 1 | Pg 2 | Pg 3 | Pg 4 | Pg 5 | Pg 6 | Pg 7 | Pg 8 |
| Pg 9 | Pg 10 | Pg 11 | Pg 12 | Pg 13 | Pg 1r | Pg 15 | Pg 16 |
| Pg 17 | Pg ... |
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Steve Simmons. Reason: Added better description of layout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 7 months ago #1071
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Meta-request - thumbnails of all pages of a comic
With the new grid view added to YACReaderLibrary (you can see it in the current beta) the UI part of this is already solved, but it requires a lot more work.
You are completely right about this. Sadly, the sorting of the pages in a comic depends on many factors and some times manual resorting is the only solution.
Eventualy, if the comics has too many pages some scroll will be needed. But by default the UI should be able to show 30 or 40 pages at once.
Thank you for the suggestions.
You are completely right about this. Sadly, the sorting of the pages in a comic depends on many factors and some times manual resorting is the only solution.
Eventualy, if the comics has too many pages some scroll will be needed. But by default the UI should be able to show 30 or 40 pages at once.
Thank you for the suggestions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel