- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Lightweight version of YACReader for E-Readers
- JohnnyDoggetino
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 7 months ago #9321
by JohnnyDoggetino
Lightweight version of YACReader for E-Readers was created by JohnnyDoggetino
First of all, love this app, bought it for ios and android. Thanks for hard work and development.
And I have a suggestion for an untapped marked of E-Readers (Pocketbook, kindle, kobo, etc etc) where i believe a lot of people would be ready to buy your app.
A lot of people read mangas and comics on their e-ink devices, especially when color e-ink devices are becoming cheaper thus more accessible and popular. And there is a problem, because no-one (except for maybe Kindle's guided view) have figured out on how to comfortably read comics on small screens under 7'. (there are hundreds of reddit posts of concerned users, who say that comics and mangas are not comfortable to read on small e-readers)
So my suggestion is a stripped down, barebones, lightweight version of YACReader for E-Readers, without fancy UI, without animations, but with hard focus on comfortable reading on small screens (good edge detection, panel by panel guided view, and common comic format support (cbz, cbr, etc)
And for easier development one might start with Linux (Pocketbook) and Android (OnyxBoox, Bigme, iReader etc) versions.
I guess that versions for Kindle and Kobo while harder to develop, still might be economically feasible because there are thousands of old kindles and Kobos circling around, waiting to be jailbroken for YACReader's killer features.
(you could check the experience of KOReader, open-source alternative reader for all e-readers, people jailbreak their Kindles and Kobos in order to install this program, because it's more feature complete)
I would be ready to buy such YACReader versions for E-Readers, even if it will be more expensive comparing to ios and android apps, and I believe that a lot of people would be ready to do the same.
And I have a suggestion for an untapped marked of E-Readers (Pocketbook, kindle, kobo, etc etc) where i believe a lot of people would be ready to buy your app.
A lot of people read mangas and comics on their e-ink devices, especially when color e-ink devices are becoming cheaper thus more accessible and popular. And there is a problem, because no-one (except for maybe Kindle's guided view) have figured out on how to comfortably read comics on small screens under 7'. (there are hundreds of reddit posts of concerned users, who say that comics and mangas are not comfortable to read on small e-readers)
So my suggestion is a stripped down, barebones, lightweight version of YACReader for E-Readers, without fancy UI, without animations, but with hard focus on comfortable reading on small screens (good edge detection, panel by panel guided view, and common comic format support (cbz, cbr, etc)
And for easier development one might start with Linux (Pocketbook) and Android (OnyxBoox, Bigme, iReader etc) versions.
I guess that versions for Kindle and Kobo while harder to develop, still might be economically feasible because there are thousands of old kindles and Kobos circling around, waiting to be jailbroken for YACReader's killer features.
(you could check the experience of KOReader, open-source alternative reader for all e-readers, people jailbreak their Kindles and Kobos in order to install this program, because it's more feature complete)
I would be ready to buy such YACReader versions for E-Readers, even if it will be more expensive comparing to ios and android apps, and I believe that a lot of people would be ready to do the same.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 7 months ago #9326
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Lightweight version of YACReader for E-Readers
I want to add a setting to the android app that disables animations to make it better on e-ink devices, but outside Android I don't think it will happen, YACReader is already the biggest ecosystem for comics and I don't think I can handle more versions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyDoggetino
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel