Skip to content
YACReader
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.

Slideshow

  • troryANCAS
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 2 months ago #9585 by troryANCAS
Slideshow was created by troryANCAS
Hello,

I like the app. It's currently the only reader I'm using on my devices. I do wish it had one feature, though: A slideshow function.

Nothing spectacular. I just want to be able to press a button, then it shows me one comic page after another, on an interval timer that I can specify (like 5s).

That's it. I don't need any fancy transitions between the pages. And I also don't need the function to slide from one panel to the next automatically, either. Just good old one page after another.

Thank you for your time, and for all the work you've put into the app so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #9588 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Slideshow
It’s been requested before so it’s in my TODO list…

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: troryANCAS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #9749 by Korok
Replied by Korok on topic Slideshow
I wanted to make the same request just now, but used search first and found this.

I am also in search of a Slideshow / Dia /Autoplay whatever program.

But nothing is really doing a good job.

In the past I just used the old FaxViewer that was included in Windows officially till Win7.

It still exists in the deep parts of windows, but you cant directly just select it as the standard program anymore.
You need to appoint the extensions .jpg .png and so on directly to that program in the registry. That is a one time thing you need to do so not a big issue.
But as support stopped for it ages ago, it has now some issue.
Biggest problem is that it does not support new image formats like .webp.
And I am really worried that Microsoft will kick it our completely and then I have absolutely no replacement...


Most of what I wish for is already included in YAC reader. (Like display the image :)

In short I need a Slideshow function that can use files from inside of zip files.

Dream list for the functions of this view mode:
Slideshow function were I can set interval speed.
Most awesome would be to be able to set 3 variables in settings for the seconds.
Variables are for option Slow / Normal / Fast <-- can be selected by a quick menu when the program is in the slide show mode.
Option in settings to set it to loop or end. (I only need loop)
Option to randomize the images shown, not only 1->2->3->4.
Double or even triple view mode <-- double view mode is already in YAC reader implemented.
(as I have an Ultra wide screen it would awesome to see 3 images at once but 2 is already epic)
Using images from Zip is also already in YAC reader.
Support for new image formats like specially .webp
Option to fit pictures to full size (a picture smaller then the resulution be displayed streched till one size match resulution)


A year ago was the last time I tried to find a replacement for Windows FaxViewer, but hat no real luck.
None could handle zip files and most had some other issues.
I found one Picture program that was an all in one picture data base archive whatever tool with zip support.
It would have cost 19.99$ and I would have paid that. But after testing the demo I changed my mind, navigating and handling was a pain in the ass. You first had to add the images to the data base and only then could you start the slide show.
Similar how you add comics to Yac Reader Library. But adding a zip took ages.
It was to big and chunky and I also was not able to set a speed... that was a fixed value.

So in case YAC Reader ever implements a DiaShow function I will make that 20$ donation.
I already use it for all my Manga/Comic.
If can use zip files quick and easy.
It supports webp and has a double view mode.
Only a play button and timer is missing.

Thanks
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Korok.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #9755 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Slideshow
This shouldn’t be hard to implement, if anyone is interested in doing it please ping me and I’ll guide you.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!