Skip to content
YACReader
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.

Page animations+clarity increase+mouse control+etc

  • slothgodjeff
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #9630 by slothgodjeff
Hello, I had a few suggestions for features I thought I'd share here. I love YacReader especially since I can sync reading progress between my PC and phone, but with a few things I think it would be next level.

First off, I'd love if we could get some page turn animations. It seems insignificant, but I feel that it adds a lot to the reading experience. I think a real page turning animation would be awesome, similar to the one used in GonVisor.

Secondly, I used to use Gonvisor, and when switching to YacReader, I noticed that the words seemed a lot fuzzier than what I was used to. I took a few comparison screenshots between YacReader and Gonvisor to show how fuzzy everything seems. I have no sharpening filter or anything enabled in gonvisor for the record.
The link to the photo comparison is here:https://imgur.com/a/PFx8848


Third, I'd love if we had the option to zoom using double click, as that's what I've been used to previously. Larger magnifier size options would be good as well.

I also noticed that if I open up a comic from file explorer instead of the library, it doesn't save my reading progress. I think that would be a beneficial toggle in settings.

Hopefully my suggestions make sense, thanks for your ongoing work on this awesome reader!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!