- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 1
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Export List of Missing Issues from Series / Volume
- dbb1480
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #10216
by dbb1480
Export List of Missing Issues from Series / Volume was created by dbb1480
Hello
I think yacreader would be probably the perfect comic library if it had a way to export a list of issues you were missing in your series folders. For example... Action Comics (1939) - missing issues #691, #702, #916
I think yacreader would be probably the perfect comic library if it had a way to export a list of issues you were missing in your series folders. For example... Action Comics (1939) - missing issues #691, #702, #916
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 month 2 weeks ago #10233
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Export List of Missing Issues from Series / Volume
Hi dbb1480
the way I do it for now
1) I add in the comicinfo.xml the Web URL's of the Comic Site (I used bedetheque for french comics) containing the info :
e.g. www.bedetheque.com/BD-Arcane-majeur-Tome-1-Pandora-23648.html => Album URL
and m.bedetheque.com/serie-5709-BD-Arcane-majeur.html -> Serie URL
2) I add the #issues in the comicinfo.xml from the Serie URL count , here it's 6
- Once and a while (you never know there is a new album) I launch a script updating this info back into the xml file)
- and while at it, it counts the amount of files in the folder pointing out if the amount of files is less than the amouint in series (assuming a structure of series_folder/ one file per comic)
or: In Yacreader it shows 1/6 for the first comic, telling me it's the first out of 6... and in Yacreader I can see there are only 5..
Same is valid for the Yacserver webpage, it says 5 files, and clicking on the first comic shows 1/6 ...
Not ideal but the only way I found for now to get an idea of amount of missing comics
cr
the way I do it for now
1) I add in the comicinfo.xml the Web URL's of the Comic Site (I used bedetheque for french comics) containing the info :
e.g. www.bedetheque.com/BD-Arcane-majeur-Tome-1-Pandora-23648.html => Album URL
and m.bedetheque.com/serie-5709-BD-Arcane-majeur.html -> Serie URL
2) I add the #issues in the comicinfo.xml from the Serie URL count , here it's 6
- Once and a while (you never know there is a new album) I launch a script updating this info back into the xml file)
- and while at it, it counts the amount of files in the folder pointing out if the amount of files is less than the amouint in series (assuming a structure of series_folder/ one file per comic)
or: In Yacreader it shows 1/6 for the first comic, telling me it's the first out of 6... and in Yacreader I can see there are only 5..
Same is valid for the Yacserver webpage, it says 5 files, and clicking on the first comic shows 1/6 ...
Not ideal but the only way I found for now to get an idea of amount of missing comics
cr
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 month 2 weeks ago #10239
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Export List of Missing Issues from Series / Volume
note, that I've been playing with Claude Desktop...
I just provided some filenames (or comicinfo) or oher info telling it to check the bedetheque.com site, and it glady told me which missing Issues there are..
Myabe that's a next step... have some AI options connecting to e.g. local LLM's like Ollama, or Claude or others, and launch queries regarding the comics ?
it could do a lot..
of courese, assuming local LLM's will stay local, might be better..
I just provided some filenames (or comicinfo) or oher info telling it to check the bedetheque.com site, and it glady told me which missing Issues there are..
Myabe that's a next step... have some AI options connecting to e.g. local LLM's like Ollama, or Claude or others, and launch queries regarding the comics ?
it could do a lot..
of courese, assuming local LLM's will stay local, might be better..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel