- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Small Interface
- plbp15
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago #1640
by plbp15
Small Interface was created by plbp15
hey there...Long time no see...or talk...
Im trying thenew 8.0 version and i have a little problem with it.
Im using a surface pro 3, and for my touch screen all the content in the library is too small to work with.
I dont know if it would require a feature to reajust font size and overall interface size....
I think you have to try it for yourself to see what i mean...
Good work with this version, the library its almost the same but the reader is a lot better....
Im trying thenew 8.0 version and i have a little problem with it.
Im using a surface pro 3, and for my touch screen all the content in the library is too small to work with.
I dont know if it would require a feature to reajust font size and overall interface size....
I think you have to try it for yourself to see what i mean...
Good work with this version, the library its almost the same but the reader is a lot better....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 2 months ago #1643
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Small Interface
The library has a lot of updates, did you check the new grid view? It should work fine in a touch screen.
The UI is intended to work in a traditional desktop. I think that the best solution for Microsoft Surface user is to have a separated UI in metro/full screen. I would like to release a version for browsing libraries + reading in Windows touch devices.
I need to think about the right approach, as soon as I think about something I will contact you, I am going to need feedback from Surface users on this. No ETA yet, btw.
The UI is intended to work in a traditional desktop. I think that the best solution for Microsoft Surface user is to have a separated UI in metro/full screen. I would like to release a version for browsing libraries + reading in Windows touch devices.
I need to think about the right approach, as soon as I think about something I will contact you, I am going to need feedback from Surface users on this. No ETA yet, btw.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- plbp15
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 2 months ago #1648
by plbp15
Replied by plbp15 on topic Small Interface
Yes i saw the grid view its awesome, the rest of the stuff its not for me, i dont use reading lists or stuff like that, but i think it is quite awesome for the ones who use it.
For a touch interface and app check out the app ''Cover'' its avaiable for win8 and phone, and its my main reader for the surface, the interface its not that good but it does the job.
As for the topic...
The surface has a definition set to 2xxx x 1900 or something i cant remember, and thus everything beeing smaller, my laptop with its 1920x1800 aspect ratio deals with the YAC Library just fine.
For a touch interface and app check out the app ''Cover'' its avaiable for win8 and phone, and its my main reader for the surface, the interface its not that good but it does the job.
As for the topic...
The surface has a definition set to 2xxx x 1900 or something i cant remember, and thus everything beeing smaller, my laptop with its 1920x1800 aspect ratio deals with the YAC Library just fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- plbp15
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 2 months ago #1649
by plbp15
Replied by plbp15 on topic Small Interface
actualy now im seeing it again, and i think you should put a magnifing lense with the plus and minus sign somewhere to resize the grid view to the user liking
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 2 months ago #1651
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Small Interface
The solution for HDPI screens is to use an scale ratio higher than 1. For example, Macs with retina display use 2, and YACReader UI elements have the right size. Maybe I can force this scale factor....
Configurable cells size in the grid view is something I have thought about, maybe in future releases.
Thank you for your feedback.
Configurable cells size in the grid view is something I have thought about, maybe in future releases.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel