Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: More Functionality for Table View

More Functionality for Table View 8 years 8 months ago #1707

theberin

Fresh Boarder

I have a large (6000+ books) digital comic library. I've got used to the functionality of ComicRack for managing the library on PC, but I'd prefer to use my Macs for that. Of course, ComicRack doesn't have a Mac version, and YAC Reader is the best option available for Mac. (Not only that, but it's way prettier than ComicRack.)

I've run into several frustrations, though, in trying to mimic the ways I read in ComicRack (which have become intuitive) while using YACReader. I thought I'd split them up as different suggestions as they come to me.

The main one that's bothering me right now is not having enough columns in list/table view and not having those columns be sortable.

Columns on my wishlist:
Series
Volume (In YACReader's edit dialogue, Volume is the label for the Series field. Conventionally, Volume would be a subset of the Series information, often indicated by the year the chronology began printing.)
Issue
Publication Date
Gap Information (indicating missing issues by showing gaps in numbering)
Story Arc
The administrator has disabled public write access.

More Functionality for Table View 8 years 8 months ago #1709

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Welcome to the forum theberin.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, it is really welcome.

It could be nice to hear from you how would you use the columns functionality you are asking for. Basicaly your work flow, how you browse your comics, or how you try to do whatever you are used to.

I keep things simple because this is how I use YACReader. And that is why I love to hear any comments from the users :)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

More Functionality for Table View 6 months 2 weeks ago #7906

danhackley

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 6

Has there been any progress in implementing more columns? I would love to have the "series" column and ideally some others, an options.

More Functionality for Table View 6 months 2 weeks ago #7911

Luis Ángel

Administrator

It’s been in my TODO list forever but I still want to do something about it, I will give it a try for 9.14
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

More Functionality for Table View 6 months 2 weeks ago #7914

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I will be available in 9.14

I have to decide what fields from the DB will be available and some new defaults.

More Functionality for Table View 6 months 2 weeks ago #7915

Abiudy254

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Could this cover flow mode also have a dark mode?

More Functionality for Table View 6 months 2 weeks ago #7916

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Abiudy254 wrote:
Could this cover flow mode also have a dark mode?

That's part of a huge overhaul I want to do to the UI code

More Functionality for Table View 6 months 2 weeks ago #7917

Abiudy254

Fresh Boarder

Why the overhaul? Is the UI going to change or is it for performance issues?

More Functionality for Table View 6 months 2 weeks ago #7920

Luis Ángel

Administrator

It is about how it is implemented in code, the mac version has lots of code paths decided at compilation time and I need to change them to runtime checks, that will make theming easier and I will be able to implement light/dark themes.

More Functionality for Table View 3 months 4 days ago #8112

salasnet

Fresh Boarder

I have downloaded the 9.14 version to try out the extended columns and I think this is a great addition! The extended tags are very helpful.

However, I do have a suggestion or two that would really make it more useful in column view.

1. It would be fantastic if we could click on the column header so that we can sort by that column. Right now, it always sorts by Issue number only.

2. Related to No.1 The sorting rules should respect what Volume something is and sort it by volume first, because higher volumes should always go after lower volumes. If you have a folder with multiple volumes of a comic book in it, all of the volumes will be mixed because the view only sorts by issue numbers. So, if you have three volumes in a folder, all of the number #001 issues will be grouped together, all of the number #002 issues and so on. They should be sorted by Volume first and then by Issue number. All V1 issues would be first, followed by V2 issues, followed by V3 issues, etc.

Yes, I know we can create separate folders for different Volumes, but this does not take away from the premise that different Volumes should not be mixed when they have the same Issue number in a sorting algorithm.

Thanks for a great program. Fantastico!
  • Page: